If you’re not using LinkedIn to build up the front of your sales pipeline, let this be your sign to take the leap. In this episode, our host Donald Kelly has an info-packed conversation with Megan Killion, the powerhouse behind MKC Agency. You probably already know content creation isn’t just about sharing articles and posting pics. Listen in to hear proven strategies for connecting with the right audience and starting quality conversations.
- You can’t just “post and ghost”! Your engagement is necessary.
- Megan cautions against the use of LinkedIn pods that automate engagement using bots. Going this route won’t help you gain traction with the people you want to reach.
- Her number one tip for aspiring creators on LinkedIn is to use polls. LinkedIn’s algorithm results in more engagement with polls than other kinds of posts, but you have to be strategic about them.
Identify Ideal Customers
- When you market to everyone, you market to no one.
- Use your ICP (Ideal Customer Profile) to narrow down the list of people you’re interested in reaching with your content.
- Learn your buyers’ pain points, demographics, values, attitudes, etc. Get as niche as you can.
- Your ideal audience should be behind you in knowledge by 3-5 years. These people will find your content engaging without feeling like it’s above or below them.
Setting Up Your Process
- Make a list of 5-10 subjects that you are an expert on. Within each subject, identify specific teachable topics. This is going to form the basis of the content you create (at least at first).
- “Niche down,” just like when you define your ideal customer. Get increasingly more specific about what you know well and speak on those things.
- Define who you are. Identify your values and the values of your business. Know what makes you unique and capture that in your content.
Follow Megan Killion on LinkedIn – Message her telling her you heard about her on TSE and get access to her framework!
- This episode is brought to you in part by TSE Sales Foundation.
I think we can all agree that sales should be fun. However, many times, we find ourselves in a quagmire where we’re not progressing and deals are not going the way that they should. This is why we created TSE Sales Foundation. It’s a program designed to help sales professionals just like you master the fundamentals of sales so they can radically improve their sales pipeline and close more deals. To find out more about TSE Sales Foundation and our next start date, simply go to thesalesevangelist.com/foundation.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.