The differences between you and elite sales earners are probably more subtle and nuanced than you think. In this episode, our host Donald Kelly sits down with sales revenue and profit growth expert Doug C. Brown to talk about the traits of “elite producers.” Listen in to discover the mental patterns that might be holding you back.
What is an Elite Producer?
- They are both “top producers” (producing articles of value at the top of their industry) and “overachievers” (consistently exceeding expectations).
- They spend time improving their brain power, seeking out challenges, and bettering themselves.
- They use leverage to create better results. From each article of value they create (like a sale) they create byproducts (like referrals and networking opportunities).
Adopt the Habits of Top Earners
- Take the time to learn what holds you back. Work on those “weaknesses” and turn them into strengths. Derive your confidence from that.
- Figure out your points of leverage and double or triple your efforts in those places.
- Don’t be afraid to invest. Use company money to encourage your growth and make your business more profitable.
What You Believe Matters
- Your mind will find reasons not to push for more. Identify those thoughts and recognize that you can push past them if you choose to.
- If you allow yourself to get discouraged, you set yourself up for failure. If you believe things will go well, you will be more prepared when they do.
Tell Doug C. Brown you heard this episode and get access to his FREE E-book! Send an e-mail to email@example.com.
- This episode is brought to you in part by TSE Sales Foundation.
I think we can all agree that sales should be fun. However, many times, we find ourselves in a quagmire where we’re not progressing and deals are not going the way that they should. This is why we created TSE Sales Foundation. It’s a program designed to help sales professionals just like you master the fundamentals of sales so they can radically improve their sales pipeline and close more deals. To find out more about TSE Sales Foundation and our next start date, simply go to thesalesevangelist.com/foundation.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.