It’s never been more important to make the most of your outbound leads. Hopefully you already have a clear ICP and you personalize your outreach, but how do you turn your hard work into measurable results? In this episode, your host Donald Kelly and guest Ari Brinson get into a great conversation about how Brinson’s team was able to boost meeting numbers through effective personalization.
Boosting Conversion Rates for Outbound Leads
- Work on creating accurate customer personas to make sure you’re connecting with the right people – otherwise BDRs are wasting time and energy.
- The sales landscape is changing: potential buyers are less likely to jump into buying and less willing to open up content that doesn’t seem tailored to them.
Show Me You Know Me (Sam McKenna method)
- Make sure your value proposition is scaleable to the prospect you’re connecting with.
- The first three sentences of your e-mail and your CTA at the end are the most important. Personalize them to your prospect in a way that makes them want to meet with you.
- Frame the urgency for the buyer – what is the cost of inaction? Don’t personalize just for the sake of personalizing – that WON’T work.
Tips for Adding Personalization that Works
- Tailor your message to the leader or buyer, not just the organization.
- If you can’t find information about the business, see if you can find their sales leaders on LinkedIn to see what they’ve been posting.
- Make connections on LinkedIn to get your foot in the door, NOT to pitch! If you pitch right off the bat, you come off as “salesy”.
- This episode is brought to you in part by TSE Sales Foundation.
I think we can all agree that sales should be fun. However, many times, we find ourselves in a quagmire where we’re not progressing and deals are not going the way that they should. This is why we created TSE Sales Foundation. It’s a program designed to help sales professionals just like you master the fundamentals of sales so they can radically improve their sales pipeline and close more deals. To find out more about TSE Sales Foundation and our next start date, simply go to thesalesevangelist.com/foundation.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.