New reps and veteran sellers alike are looking for the missing piece in their sales game – look no further. In this electrifying interview, your host Donald Kelly speaks with Amanda Holmes, CEO of Chet Holmes International, about how her finger-on-the-pulse approach connects with the foundational elements of her father’s work (The Ultimate Sales Machine) to bring us into the future of selling.
What is a Dream 100?
- There is always a smaller number of better buyers than there are buyers. Selling to your better buyers is smarter and cheaper than selling to anyone else.
- When he was a seller, Chet Holmes spent his energy focusing on his ideal clients rather than selling to 20,000 prospects.
- “In your face, in your space, in your place.” Chet Holmes used a lot of marketing tactics WITHOUT spamming. Aim to be interested instead of interesting!
Identify YOUR Dream 100
- Start by going through your contacts and identifying the people who could be in your Dream 100 – without social media.
- Don’t get overwhelmed – start with a Dream 5 or Dream 10! Place your focus there, and build on it.
3 Dream 100 DON’Ts
- It doesn’t need to be “100”. The most important thing to do is find your better buyers – the customers who are really right for you.
- It doesn’t need to be people outside of your sphere. After looking through your contacts, check your social media, your CRM (customer relationship management), and other places in your SOI (sphere of influence).
- Bigger isn’t always better. Even if big accounts bring in a lot of money, they may not be profitable, and they may not need you. You may not like working with them, which makes them NOT a dream client!
http://ultimatesalesmachine.com (Chapter 4 of the book is free!)
Reach out to Amanda directly @amanditaholmes on Instagram
- This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn.
Are you struggling to close deals? Cold outreach wastes the buyer and seller’s time at every stage, especially when sellers are using shallow and outdated data.
- Your organization can overcome these challenges with technology that translates comprehensive, high-quality buyer data into real-time
- These deeper insights empower sales reps and teams to adopt the habits of top performers, which leads to better outcomes – like more pipelines, higher win rates, and larger deals.
- We call this Deep Sale. And we’ve built the first deep sales platform with the next generation of LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
Try LinkedIn Sales Navigator and get a sixty-day free trial at linkedin.com/tse.
- This episode is brought to you in part by TSE Sales Foundation.
I think we can all agree that sales should be fun. However, many times, we find ourselves in a quagmire where we’re not progressing and deals are not going the way that they should. This is why we created TSE Sales Foundation. It’s a program designed to help sales professionals just like you master the fundamentals of sales so they can radically improve their sales pipeline and close more deals. To find out more about TSE Sales Foundation and our next start date, simply go to thesalesevangelist.com/foundation.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.