We’re all trying to find creative ways to build pipeline, but sometimes it feels like we’ve exhausted every possible avenue. In this episode, your host Donald Kelly encourages you to look for leads in places you might have missed. Donald and his team use all of these methods and have done the hard work of testing them for their effectiveness. Give them a shot!
5 Ways to Build Pipeline this Quarter
- Current Customers: Selling to your current customers is the simplest, cheapest way to build pipeline because they already understand and believe in your product. Stay connected with them and build strong relationships so you can keep them up to date on your new offerings.
- Lost Deals: Deals fall through for many reasons, so it’s a good idea to check in with leaders to see if they know what went wrong. There may be opportunities to rectify some of the issues that occurred before.
- Existing Connections on LinkedIn: Your connections on LinkedIn, like your current customers, know of you and probably have some trust in you. You don’t necessarily need to pitch to them, just talk to them and see if what you’re offering can help them in any way.
- Referrals: Many of our customers are willing to give referrals, but we don’t always ask for them. Rather than ask your customers “who they know who could benefit from your services,” go to their LinkedIn profiles and see for yourself. Then reach out to your customer about those folks specifically.
- Past Leads: Your past leads were interested in your product at one point but were disqualified for one reason or another. Their situation or your offerings may have changed, so it’s a good idea to reconnect and see if now is a better time for them to move forward with your product.
- This episode is brought to you in part by TSE Sales Foundation.
I think we can all agree that sales should be fun. However, many times, we find ourselves in a quagmire where we’re not progressing and deals are not going the way that they should. This is why we created TSE Sales Foundation. It’s a program designed to help sales professionals just like you master the fundamentals of sales so they can radically improve their sales pipeline and close more deals. To find out more about TSE Sales Foundation and our next start date, simply go to thesalesevangelist.com/foundation.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.