In this episode, your host Donald Kelly sits down with Chris Duprey, Chief Strategy Officer at IMPACT (impactplus.com). Duprey has an engaging, no-nonsense approach to sales training, and wants to help you and your team master the basics so that you can go from being decent at sales to being truly great. Check out the list below and see what’s holding your team back, then listen in as Donald and Chris delve into each one, point by point!
The 5 Habits of A Great Sales Team
- Have a team mentality. Top performers will burn out if they’re the only ones doing all the work. Go beyond sharing wins – share losses too. Even top sellers should be willing to talk to the team about what’s not working and why.
- The best teams roleplay… a LOT. If you want to improve, practice! Work with others to get better. You’re not going to win unless you do the reps. Duprey recommends doing it weekly!
- The best teams watch their sales calls. Record your calls so that you can go back and review them later. Just like a sports team watching their old plays, watch the calls you make and watch calls other people make! Sales leaders: watch a lot of sales calls your team makes.
- Gain peer status with your buyer. Nobody wants to be sold to – people will accept guidance and assistance from someone who knows their stuff. Ask great questions, give realistic advice and don’t be needy!
- You proactively work on communication. Obsess over how you communicate. If something goes wrong, figure out what you missed. Also, learn how to deliver your message and have an engaging presence.
IMPACT: Sales & Marketing Training
- This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn.
Cold calling will not work if you’re using shallow, outdated information. You need to go deep. Try Deep Sales by LinkedIn, the next generation of LinkedIn Sales Navigator. You can get a 60-day free trial – simply go to Linkedin.com/TSE.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Scratchpad is the fastest way for sales professionals to update Salesforce. Move at the speed of thought with Scratchpad. Try it for free or learn more at Scratchpad.com.
- This episode is brought to you in part by TSE Sales Foundation.
I think we can all agree that sales should be fun. However, many times, we find ourselves in a quagmire where we’re not progressing and deals are not going the way that they should. This is why we created TSE Sales Foundation. It’s a program designed to help sales professionals just like you master the fundamentals of sales so they can radically improve their sales pipeline and close more deals. To find out more about TSE Sales Foundation and our next start date, simply go to thesalesevangelist.com/foundation.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.