Your social media presence can build your credibility, community, and pipeline… or break it. Most people don’t create content on LinkedIn, so they miss out on all of the opportunities that can come along with having a sizeable following on the platform. In this episode, your host Donald Kelly sits down with Richard Smith, the VP of Sales for Allego. Listen in to hear how Smith grew his social media audience to the point where his content now generates conversation, interest, and qualified inbound leads.
Why DON’T People Post on LinkedIn?
- People don’t think they have anything interesting or novel to contribute
- People are happy to read and don’t feel like it’s necessary to make the extra effort to post
- “Head trash” – people don’t want to embarrass themselves if no one interacts, or say the wrong thing and end up in trouble professionally
How to Do LinkedIn Posts the Right Way
- Keep your day job. Smith uses LinkedIn to generate leads for his sales job, but it took years to build his audience. It’s a marathon, not a sprint.
- Build a community, not an echo chamber. Discussion is healthy – while you don’t want to be inflammatory just for the sake of getting attention, don’t try to pander to your audience either.
- Your reputation on social media will follow you everywhere, so be educated, honest, and authentic.
TSE episode 578: How to Use Technology to Better Coach Salespeople with Richard Smith
Allego: Sales Training and Sales Enablement Platform Website
- This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Scratchpad is the fastest way for sales professionals to update Salesforce. Move at the speed of thought with Scratchpad. Try it for free or learn more at Scratchpad.com.
- This episode is brought to you in part by TSE Sales Foundation.
I think we can all agree that sales should be fun. However, many times, we find ourselves in a quagmire where we’re not progressing and deals are not going the way that they should. This is why we created TSE Sales Foundation. It’s a program designed to help sales professionals just like you master the fundamentals of sales so they can radically improve their sales pipeline and close more deals. To find out more about TSE Sales Foundation and our next start date, simply go to thesalesevangelist.com/foundation.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.