Spring is a time for change and renewal, which means it’s time to reevaluate the sales strategies you or your company have always used. In sales, it’s crucial to set yourself apart from the competition, and we want to show you how to do just that using efficient methods that WORK. In this episode, your host Donald Kelly takes you through the Top 3 Prospecting Strategies he and his company are utilizing in 2023.
Why Do We Need New Strategies?
- Since the beginning of the pandemic, e-mail outreach is up 50%, but reply rates have decreased by 30%
- Writing a great subject line and e-mail content does no good if the person on the other end doesn’t feel motivated to reply
3 Strategies to Adopt in 2023
- Create previous engagement. Before you reach out to a potential buyer, create a connection with them. Don’t just start with a cold e-mail!
- Use social media to gauge interest. If you work for a bigger firm, look at who follows your product on LinkedIn. That list will have prospects on it who are already interested, and may just need more information (and that’s where you come in!)
- Use tools like LinkedIn Sales Navigator. In the episode, Donald runs you through how to use the Spotlight feature to look at activity levels on LinkedIn so you can decide whether to reach out via LinkedIn (or some other way).
- This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Scratchpad is the fastest way for sales professionals to update Salesforce. Move at the speed of thought with Scratchpad. Try it for free or learn more at Scratchpad.com.
- This episode is brought to you in part by TSE Sales Foundation.
I think we can all agree that sales should be fun. However, many times, we find ourselves in a quagmire where we’re not progressing and deals are not going the way that they should. This is why we created TSE Sales Foundation. It’s a program designed to help sales professionals just like you master the fundamentals of sales so they can radically improve their sales pipeline and close more deals. To find out more about TSE Sales Foundation and our next start date, simply go to thesalesevangelist.com/foundation.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.