Don’t ever let anyone tell you there’s nothing new under the sun. Thought leaders don’t approach the world or their industry that way, so why should you? In this episode, Donald Kelly connects with Andy Buyting – coach, professional speaker, and best-selling author of How to Win Clients and Influence People. In this episode, Buyting introduces his proven-successful take on how to reinvent the relationship between sales and marketing which he outlines further in his 2021 book, Double Sales/Zero Salespeople. See the special offer in our Resources for a free half-hour call with one of the authors of the book!
Why the “assembly line”?
- Division of labor: splitting any complex process into specific tasks, and allowing people to specialize on one part of the task
- Application in sales and marketing: Where a typical salesperson may be responsible for generating leads and prospecting all the way through making the final sale, Buyting recommends separating the tasks among dedicated people
- Optimize: Once you know what each stage of the process is for your business, you can optimize and automate parts of the assembly line
“Smarketing”: Intersection of Sales and Marketing
- Frequently, sales and marketing operate too separately, and each department thinks it has all the answers when it comes to meeting goals
- Marketing can help businesses find the right customers, but it can fall apart if salespeople are just selling and not providing value
- Having sales with no marketing can be expensive, payroll-wise!
- Sales and marketing both share the same goal: growing the business. Combining the two creates a more efficient process
- This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Scratchpad is the fastest way for sales professionals to update Salesforce. Move at the speed of thought with Scratchpad. Try it for free or learn more at Scratchpad.com.
- This episode is brought to you in part by TSE Sales Foundation.
I think we can all agree that sales should be fun. However, many times, we find ourselves in a quagmire where we’re not progressing and deals are not going the way that they should. This is why we created TSE Sales Foundation. It’s a program designed to help sales professionals just like you master the fundamentals of sales so they can radically improve their sales pipeline and close more deals. To find out more about TSE Sales Foundation and our next start date, simply go to thesalesevangelist.com/foundation.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.