We are all defined by how we handle the challenges we face. The only constant in life is change, and it doesn’t matter what industry you’re in – you have to learn how to adapt. Our guest today offers his solution to how sellers can approach their job during the current market so that you can successfully, and organically reach your goals. In this episode, Donald Kelly sits down with Joe McNeill, the CRO at Influ2, to talk about the current landscape, the shortcomings of how sales are currently being done, and how to shift your focus so that you can connect with the right buyers for your product.
Challenges in Sales Today
- E-mail outreach is up +50% since 2020, but replies have decreased by 30%. Limited outreach methods are leading to limited results
- 72% of BDR teams are behind their pipeline goals. Some sales leaders think making more calls and sending more e-mails is the answer
- SDRs and AEs are not always getting support, so they are not as efficient in their jobs as they could be
How to Change Up Your Playbook for Success
- People buy, not companies. If there are multiple people involved in the buying decision, create messaging that applies to each of them
- Efficiency is growth. You’ll only have enough bandwidth to create focused messaging if you’re specific about who you reach out to
- Pragmatic messaging. Using “silver-bullet”-style messaging probably won’t relate to buyers who are being faced with difficult decisions. Focus on how you can provide support
- Leaders: Ask for help. If you’re not sure what to do or how to help your team, ask people around you what they’re doing and gather information. Talk to peers, consultants and mentors to spark your creativity.
Influ2: Person-Based Advertising Solution for B2B Marketers
- This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Scratchpad is the fastest way for sales professionals to update Salesforce. Move at the speed of thought with Scratchpad. Try it for free or learn more at Scratchpad.com.
- This episode is brought to you in part by TSE Sales Foundation.
I think we can all agree that sales should be fun. However, many times, we find ourselves in a quagmire where we’re not progressing and deals are not going the way that they should. This is why we created TSE Sales Foundation. It’s a program designed to help sales professionals just like you master the fundamentals of sales so they can radically improve their sales pipeline and close more deals. To find out more about TSE Sales Foundation and our next start date, simply go to thesalesevangelist.com/foundation.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.