Whether you’re a brand new BDR or you’ve been in sales for a while, we know you care about bringing your best in your professional life. If you didn’t want to improve, you wouldn’t be here, right? Today is your lucky day – on this episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald Kelly is going to share the strategy he has developed to help you get more appointments booked than ever before. This is a 4-part strategy, and in this episode, Donald will take you in-depth into two of the parts to help you get started.
Part 1 – Relevance
- Analyze your ICP – Trigger #1 Donald looks for a business leader who is new to the role – these people are likely to want to make changes
- Trigger #2 is whether the target has been active on LinkedIn in the last 90 days
- Cold e-mails fail if the salesperson doesn’t understand the person/business they’re emailing if they do not present a point of reference, and if the e-mail isn’t relevant
- Find a focused list of people you can reach out to – people who will be interested in what you have to offer
Part 2 – Engagement
- This is about an interaction between two people – it has to feel like a real connection
- Some personal touches in e-mail or over LinkedIn can spark conversations – Donald gives an example of a time this worked for one of his BDRs
- Cold, unsolicited e-mails could start damaging brands – if they are irrelevant and don’t spark engagement, the brand will be associated with that
This isn’t all it takes, however. Tune in to the next episode, where we go over the next two parts of the strategy – conversation, and appointment!
- This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Scratchpad is the fastest way for sales professionals to update Salesforce. Move at the speed of thought with Scratchpad. Try it for free or learn more at Scratchpad.com.
- This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn.
Cold calling will not work if you’re using shallow, outdated information. You need to go deep. Try Deep Sales by LinkedIn, the next generation of LinkedIn Sales Navigator. You can get a 60-day free trial – simply go to Linkedin.com/TSE.
- This episode is brought to you in part by TSE Sales Foundation.
I think we can all agree that sales should be fun. However, many times, we find ourselves in a quagmire where we’re not progressing and deals are not going the way that they should. This is why we created TSE Sales Foundation. It’s a program designed to help sales professionals just like you master the fundamentals of sales so they can radically improve their sales pipeline and close more deals. To find out more about TSE Sales Foundation and our next start date, simply go to thesalesevangelist.com/foundation.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.