Now that 2023 is here, EVERYONE is a seller! In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, our host Donald Kelly meets with Ted Blosser to talk more about selling in this upcoming year.
The Importance of Momentum
- Momentum is KEY in business, whether you’re a seller or not. Think about it: If you’re a start-up company, you have to generate momentum to build your business. If you’re a seller, you must generate sales momentum. Momentum is key.
- This is DOUBLY true with the current economic situation. As business slows and profits wane, sellers and businesses have to be ready to REBUILD that momentum to come back even stronger as the economy recovers.
- Generating momentum is important, yes, but how do you actually build this momentum? Through SELLERS. Blosser gives the example of Tesla in its early years: Elon Musk made EVERYONE act as a seller when the company nearly went under. Being able to sell is critical in the generation of momentum,
Three Key Points For Sellers
- Blosser has also identified 3 KEY things for sellers to keep in mind, in the upcoming year. The first thing is: Focus on outbound.
- The second thing is: Make everyone a seller. As different people interact with clients throughout the sales process, they ALL have a chance to add value and upsell. Get everyone involved to think, and act, like a seller.
- The final thing is: Change marketers’ mindsets. This combines the two other points. Marketing teams generate leads and CONSTANTLY interact with clients. This is your BEST opportunity to upsell and get extra profits from qualified leads.
The Mindset Shift
- In the past, especially when the market was more saturated, businesses and sellers took a quantity-over-quality approach. Sellers focused SOLELY on just sheer numbers, but not things like conversion rate.
- With the current state of the market, quality is king. Instead of focusing on several inefficient things, focus on a few VERY efficient ones. Blosser compares this to a regular infantry vs special ops approach: Instead of sending waves of infantry out, send a few highly specialized, and effective, soldiers out.
If you want to connect with Ted Blosser more, or learn about shifting your mindset, you can talk to him on LinkedIn or at his website, www.workramp.com. You can talk to Donald and drop him a message on LinkedIn, Tik Tok, and Instagram at donaldckelly. You can also join TSE’s space on Circle to talk to Donald and other sellers looking to improve their craft.
This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Scratchpad is the first Revenue Team Workspace specifically designed to adapt to each salesperson’s workflow, so you don’t have to change your habits. Get Scratchpad free at Scratchpad.com.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Audio is provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.