In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, our host Donald Kelly meets with Hendrik Isebaert to talk about ending sales activities, and how it can help you MAXIMIZE your selling potential and profit.
The Issue With Numbers
- According to LinkedIn, during the pandemic, the percentage of emails that sellers sent out increased by 50%. Despite this rapid increase though, buyer responses went DOWN by 30%
- Both the market AND buyers have changed over the past few years. As a seller, you HAVE to adapt to these changes to remain relevant and proficient.
- In the modern day, whenever buyers are polled on their opinions of sellers: The MAJORITY of the time, buyers don’t think sellers give them any value.
Combating These Trends
- There are a few different methods Isebaert suggests to stay relevant in today’s changing sales landscape.
- The first method is: Having a platform that delivers buyers relevant content. By the time a seller and buyer first meet, the buyer has already done 60 PERCENT of their process through research. If you host a platform that helps them actually conduct that research, you’re both offering value AND staying at the top of their mind.
- The second method is: Remaining educated. Knowledge is power. As a seller, you should CONSTANTLY be learning about the current state of the market AS WELL as what your specific buyer is looking for. Utilize what you learn to help finalize the deal.
- The third method is: Talk TO your buyer, not at them. Isebaert specifically suggests using things like digital salesrooms to conduct presentations. Why? You can personalize your buyer’s experience AND have a two way conversation with them.
If you want to learn more about Hendrik Isebaert, you can check out his website at www.showpad.com or connect with him on LinkedIn. You can talk to Donald and drop him a message on LinkedIn, Tik Tok, and Instagram at donaldckelly. You can also join TSE’s space on Circle to talk to Donald and other sellers looking to improve their craft.
This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Scratchpad is the first Revenue Team Workspace specifically designed to adapt to each salesperson’s workflow, so you don’t have to change your habits. Get Scratchpad free at Scratchpad.com.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Audio is provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.