In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, our host Donald Kelly meets with Ashley Winston to discuss how you as a seller can MAXIMIZE your earnings this year.
The problem with untapped potential:
- Most of us have absolutely INSANE potential that’s just begging to be tapped into. The issue is, we simply never fully tap into it. In the sales world, this means sales and earnings left on the table.
- Fear is perhaps the BIGGEST hurdle to fully realizing your potential. Most sellers, and people in general, prefer to stay in their comfort zones. Why go out and face danger, when you could simply remain safe? The problem is, you’ll only grow when exposed to danger. Without stress, there is no adaptation.
- Another hurdle people face is their atmosphere. If you’re wanting to become a better seller, you have to SURROUND yourself with an environment conclusive to that. Surround yourself with great sellers, go to areas where you can learn about the process. Create an environment or find one that relates to your goals.
How do sellers overcome these obstacles?
- The first step is simple: Change your thinking. It may be cheesy, but the absolute TRUTH of it can’t be denied: Believe in yourself. Oftentimes, your self-imposed beliefs can actually LIMIT your potential. Have more confidence in yourself! Genuinely BELIEVE you can become a great seller and you will see results.
- So how do you change your thinking? Through training. You have to STOP having negative thoughts and start REPLACING them with positive ones. Ashley uses the metaphor of a garden: Your mind is like an unkempt garden. There are flowers, yes, but also PLENTY of weeds. Get rid of the weeds and replace them with flowers.
- Along with changing your thinking, you HAVE to change your circle. You are the sum of the people you spend the most time with, as the saying goes. Surround yourself with people who align with your goals. If you are surrounded by success, you will start SEEING success. If you are surrounded by negativity, you will see negativity.
You can connect with Ashley on her website at theashleywinston.com or through Instagram. You can talk to Donald and drop him a message on LinkedIn, Tik Tok, and Instagram at donaldckelly. You can also join TSE’s space on Circle to talk to Donald and other sellers looking to improve their craft.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Scratchpad is the first Revenue Team Workspace specifically designed to adapt to each salesperson’s workflow, so you don’t have to change your habits. Get Scratchpad free at Scratchpad.com.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Calendly.
The power of scheduling automation has never been more critical than it is today. Your sales team needs a solution to easily meet with prospects at the right time, every time. Finish the year strong and request a demo of Calendly today at Calendly.com/TSE.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Audio is provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.