In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, our host Donald Kelly meets with Mohannad Ghannoum to discuss the importance of changing your perspective, to become an even more effective seller.
- Mohannad enjoys philosophy. He once listened to a philosopher discussing passion and purpose, and how to find it. According to this philosopher, there can be two reasons you’re not passionate about what you do: A.) You already have it or B.) You don’t know yourself well enough.
- Prior to this, Mohannad had worked for three years in sales but never found much success. He decided to dedicate himself FULLY to sales to determine whether or not it was something he was TRULY passionate about.
What did Mohannad do?
- To discover his passion, Mohannad began to OBSESSIVELY study and take in every single thing he could about his career. He would read books, listen to podcasts, talk to seasoned sellers, etc., anything he could do to learn more.
- The idea behind this is simple: Mohannad was trying to get RESULTS. By learning everything he could about selling, he was BOUND to become a better salesperson. Once he started seeing results, he became more passionate about selling and wanted to see even BETTER results.
The importance of changing your perspective:
- The saying goes that the grass is always greener on the other side. FAR too often, people absolutely dread their jobs, thinking it’s not something they’re passionate about. There is a level of experimentation in finding your ideal job, yes, but perhaps you’re the problem and not your job.
- In Mohannad’s case, after he started to make the most of his career, he began finding more success, by CHANGING HIS PERSPECTIVE. If you’re TRULY passionate about what you do, then you’ll have better results than someone who isn’t. You’ll simply put in more effort.
- By changing your perspective on selling, you can find more success. Find passion in what you do and you’ll put in more effort. All of this equates to you becoming a BETTER seller.
If you want to learn more about changing your perspective or talk to Mohannad, you can reach him on LinkedIn or through his email. You can talk to Donald and drop him a message on LinkedIn, Tik Tok, and Instagram at donaldckelly. You can also join TSE’s space on Circle to talk to Donald and other sellers looking to improve their craft.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Scratchpad is the first Revenue Team Workspace specifically designed to adapt to each salesperson’s workflow, so you don’t have to change your habits. Get Scratchpad free at Scratchpad.com.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Calendly.
The power of scheduling automation has never been more critical than it is today. Your sales team needs a solution to easily meet with prospects at the right time, every time. Finish the year strong and request a demo of Calendly today at Calendly.com/TSE.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Audio is provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.