In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, our host Donald Kelly goes over some lessons he’s learned about planning throughout 2022, and how YOU can use those lessons to build a pipeline and convert sales to boost your profits.
Sellers losing focus and not planning:
- Too often, sellers get lost in the MYRIAD of different tools, techniques, strategies, and ideas they utilize. All of these are important, yes, but they’re only tools. They shouldn’t be a seller’s main focus.
The first lesson:
- Utilize a focus word. With 2023 coming up, look back on your strengths and weaknesses throughout 2022. What single word can sum up all of your shortcomings? Throughout the year, focus on that word and act on it. This maintains focus AND helps you better yourself as a seller.
The second lesson:
- Take feedback into consideration. When you’re prospecting and looking for new clients or building relationships, FOCUS on the ones that are producing results. If a buyer pays well, focus on that buyer! Keep those consistent earnings coming in. This keeps your company profitable while LETTING you seek out new clients.
The third lesson:
- Plan daily. Take 15 minutes at the start or the end of the day to plan the next day’s activities out. Having a plan going into the next day lets you prioritize what NEEDS to be done and keeps your diligence up. You’ll know exactly what to focus on, and you’ll be more likely to get it finished.
The fourth lesson:
- Track your work. For a day, write down EVERY single task you do and then review it at the end of the day. Out of all of the work you did, what work led to the most profits? What work led to the newest buyers, and what work produced the greatest results? Hone in on that work and eliminate what doesn’t work. This is ONLY possible through tracking your work.
The fifth lesson:
- Utilize a timer for your work. Set a timer for some amount of time, like 15 minutes, and for the full 15 minutes focus on whatever task you need to focus on. This ensures that you’re GENUINELY focused on the task at hand, and eliminates distractions that might pull you away.
The sixth lesson:
- Prepare for the next day. If you keep a plan in mind for the next day and for whatever task you’re working on, it keeps you focused and lets you utilize your time effectively. Instead of getting lost and wasting time, with a plan in mind, you’ll be FAR more productive.
The seventh lesson:
- Eliminate distractions. Doing something like putting your phone in airplane mode or setting a timer prevents you from focusing on detractors. Instead of staring at social media, you’ll be focused on establishing a profitable relationship with a buyer. Instead of worrying about promoting your business on social media, you’ll be responding to emails. However you eliminate distractions, it’s VITALLY important you do.
You can talk to Donald and drop him a message on LinkedIn, Tik Tok, and Instagram at donaldckelly. You can also join TSE’s space on Circle to talk to Donald and other sellers looking to improve their craft.
1. This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
2. This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Scratchpad is the first Revenue Team Workspace specifically designed to adapt to each salesperson’s workflow, so you don’t have to change your habits. Get Scratchpad free at Scratchpad.com.
3. This episode is brought to you in part by Calendly.
The power of scheduling automation has never been more critical than it is today. Your sales team needs a solution to easily meet with prospects at the right time, every time. Finish the year strong and request a demo of Calendly today at Calendly.com/TSE.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Audio is provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.