Going into 2023, with a changing business landscape, buyers are looking for something DIFFERENT. In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald Kelly goes into what buyers are now looking for, and how you can meet their needs.
What are buyers looking for in the upcoming year?
- According to the State of Sales, from Salesforce, 57% of buyers prefer engaging with companies and sellers through digital means.
- Along with preferring digital communication, buyers have also said that they prefer YOU to go where THEY are. You have to appear wherever your buyers are, whether that’s on social media or platforms like YouTube.
How to take advantage of this knowledge and meet buyers’ wants:
- Since buyers are actively WANTING to talk to your company through digital means, provide SOME WAY for them to actually talk to you digitally. Platforms like LinkedIn are perfect for this. But beyond LinkedIn, you can also use social media platforms to communicate and market to buyers.
- UTILIZE A DSR. A DSR, or digital salesroom, is a centralized location where buyers and sellers can meet. Instead of having to browse countless sites to try and find information, the buyer can access all the information they need STRAIGHT from the DSR. It also allows all of your sellers to consolidate in one location, instead of having to communicate through other, less efficient ways. A DSR not only streamlines the entire sales process but also PROVIDES what digital platform buyers are looking for!
- The MAIN thing that buyers want, however, is for you to be a TRUSTED ADVISOR instead of a salesperson. A whopping 87% of buyers have claimed they prefer advisors over sellers. Why is this? Buyers come to sellers to solve a problem. Instead of being marketed to some product or service, buyers want SOLUTIONS. Buyers want someone who they can TRUST to give them a valuable and efficient solution to whatever problem they’re facing.
- Another thing to take advantage of in 2023 is Intent-based data. What is intent-based data? It’s data that takes what buyers are looking for into consideration. Things like what they search for online, and their interest in your product or service, among others. If you TAKE this data into the mind and utilize it, you’ll drive both sales AND traffic to your business
If you want to learn more about what clients are looking for in the upcoming year and how you can capitalize on it, you can check out Donald’s other social platforms. You can find him on Instagram at donaldckelly, or on LinkedIn, also under donaldckelly.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Scratchpad is the first Revenue Team Workspace specifically designed to adapt to each salesperson’s workflow, so you don’t have to change your habits. Get Scratchpad free at Scratchpad.com.
- This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn.
The sales landscape is totally changing. You need to adapt to succeed. Deep Sales, a part of the next generation of LinkedIn Sales Navigator, can help you do just that. Check it out yourself and get a 60-day free trial at Linkedin.com/TSE.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Calendly.
The power of scheduling automation has never been more critical than it is today. Your sales team needs a solution to easily meet with prospects at the right time, every time. Finish the year strong and request a demo of Calendly today at Calendly.com/TSE.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Audio is provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.