Thinking like a strategist when selling to corporate deals will get you to the closing table. The order-taking days are gone! Donald chats today with Douglas Cole who is a sales leader at LinkedIn, an advisor with start-up accelerators in North America, and a part-time university lecturer at The Rotman School of Management and The Schulich Executive Education Centre in Toronto. Author of The Sales MBA.
Dominant Themes in the Sales Process
- Sales Strategist – the company’s competitive position and its market-facing position.
- Change Agent – the organizational dynamics, happening within the company, at any given time.
- Decision Architect – interpersonal (human psychology) and how that affects your interactions with that prospect.
- Precise understanding of where this company competes and how do they win.
- Being able to make the connection between your product and how it benefits your prospect.
- Research is critical to be able to have these conversations.
- Being able to find the catalyst to create transformation.
- Where is the energy in this organization?
- How can you feed the energy with your product or service?
- Behavioral economics plays a large part in closing the sale.
- Limited by the attention of the buyer.
- Obtain the commitment of the buyer.
- Motivate the buyer to act or move forward with your product.
- Use of influence levers (scarcity, social proof, etc.)
Change your mindset:
- How do you per sieve yourself?
- Are you likable, are you trustworthy?
- Think of yourself as a Sales Strategist, Change Agent, and Decision Architect.
- Connect with Douglas on LinkedIn or www.TheSalesMBA.ca
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Scratchpad is the first Revenue Team Workspace specifically designed to adapt to each salesperson’s workflow, so you don’t have to change your habits. Get Scratchpad free at Scratchpad.com.
- This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn.
The sales landscape is totally changing. You need to adapt to succeed. Deep Sales, a part of the next generation of LinkedIn Sales Navigator, can help you do just that. Check it out yourself and get a 60-day free trial at Linkedin.com/TSE.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Calendly.
The power of scheduling automation has never been more critical than it is today. Your sales team needs a solution to easily meet with prospects at the right time, every time. Finish the year strong and request a demo of Calendly today at Calendly.com/TSE.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Audio is provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.