More than 50% of the workforce are millennials. Millennials are now the predominant decision-makers in B2B purchasing decisions. Tom Burton, author of The Revenue Zone joins Donald to discuss the top three rules for effectively selling to millennials.
Change is Inevitable
- Younger buyers have no tolerance for the traditional B2B model.
- They want to do their own research and control their buying journey.
- Preference is to avoid talking to salespeople.
- 80% more millennials are likely to buy if the sales process is consultative.
The Three Rules
- The mindset of a salesperson needs to be different. The buyer wants to be in control of their journey. Today’s salesperson needs to be flexible.
- Make your content accessible to your buyer – (non-gated). Create relevant content that is frictionless.
- Enable the buyer experience to be guided step-by-step.
- Confused prospects don’t become buyers.
- Answer the first questions of your prospect of what is the value proposition.
- Share the recommended journey.
- Buyers want guidance.
- Works well through social selling.
- Connect with Tom at www.TheRevenueZone.com
- This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Scratchpad is the first Revenue Team Workspace specifically designed to adapt to each salesperson’s workflow, so you don’t have to change your habits. Get Scratchpad free at Scratchpad.com.
- This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn.
The sales landscape is totally changing. You need to adapt to succeed. Deep Sales, a part of the next generation of LinkedIn Sales Navigator, can help you do just that. Check it out yourself and get a 60-day free trial at Linkedin.com/TSE.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Calendly.
The power of scheduling automation has never been more critical than it is today. Your sales team needs a solution to easily meet with prospects at the right time, every time. Finish the year strong and request a demo of Calendly today at Calendly.com/TSE.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Audio is provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.