- Doing business in Europe has some similar characteristics to doing business in the United States.
- Data privacy is one of the critical aspects of doing business effectively.
- Need to understand the payment platforms and the rules.
- Sensitive to borders and cultures.
- Getting down to business is totally acceptable – don’t be offended.
What to be aware of in selling to Europeans
- You have to be GDPR compliant to avoid a deal going south.
- Germany is extremely strict on GDPR.
- Navigating the potential language barriers of each country takes research.
- Consider investing in salespeople that can speak the language of the country you are prospecting to.
- Being aware of slang and how that can impact your ability to communicate.
- Stay aware of how the currency rates are changing from day to day.
Messenger tools are valuable in assisting your sales efforts
- Apps that have the ability to translate your marketing campaigns are key to your success.
- WhatsApp, Telegram, and Viber are some powerful tools.
- Connect with Grady via LinkedIn
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Scratchpad is the first Revenue Team Workspace specifically designed to adapt to each salesperson’s workflow, so you don’t have to change your habits. Get Scratchpad free at Scratchpad.com.
- This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn.
The sales landscape is totally changing. You need to adapt to succeed. Deep Sales, a part of the next generation of LinkedIn Sales Navigator, can help you do just that. Check it out yourself and get a 60-day free trial at Linkedin.com/TSE.
- This episode is brought to you in part by Calendly.
The power of scheduling automation has never been more critical than it is today. Your sales team needs a solution to easily meet with prospects at the right time, every time. Finish the year strong and request a demo of Calendly today at Calendly.com/TSE.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify.
Audio is provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.