If you are a BDR, SDR, or AE you are going to benefit from today’s podcast. In today’s show, Donald talks with Jenner Smith about three ways to train and ramp your team in half the time.
What problems arise when training a sales team?
Productivity. Jennifer says that it is all about spending as much time as possible doing the thing that drives the most impact.
- Scaling yourself is about figuring out the core things you are good at and spending as much time on them. Take the other tasks that are filling your time and reduce them, automate them, or delegate them.
- Jennifer challenges you to track how many interruptions you have and the time you spend doing various tasks on an average day. They add up.
Get people the things they need
- Get information to the right people at the right time so that they can be effective with their time.
Scale your best rep
- Have your best reps, the folks who have been there a while and know what they are doing, record how they do what they do.
- Share this information with the rest of your reps so that they can learn from the information and knowledge that makes your best rep really good.
- If all the reps are able to share with each other what is working, everyone will learn together to create a rapid learning machine.
Last advice from Jennifer
- Anything that you are doing that is not talking to a customer, ask yourself “Could I scale this in a particular way?”
To connect with Jennifer connect with her on LinkedIn and check out scribehow.com. Use promo code “The Sales Evangelist” for a discount on the paid service.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Are you tired of a digital workspace cluttered with notes, folders, files, and half-filled spreadsheets? (Not that we’re speaking from personal experience.) Luckily, we’ve found the solution.
Scratchpad is the first Revenue Team Workspace specifically designed to adapt to each salesperson’s workflow, so you don’t have to change your habits. Scratchpad creates a streamlined workflow that allows everyone to be a little more productive each day without the hassle of updating a database with whatever info you can find. Get Scratchpad free at Scratchpad.com.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.