It’s an all-too-common sales tactic to reduce your price to drive more sales. However, it can be easy to reduce our worth far below the time, energy, and thought it takes to provide the service we have. In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald is joined by professional sales coach Steve Brossman to uncover his secrets to creating sales without lowering your worth.
The three levels of influence:
- Imposed: Present and pitch information to the client to make an informed buying decision
- Collaborative – When the client is involved, they invest to co-create a solution.
- Self-influence – With the right connections and collaboration, the buyer knows you’ll deliver more than whatever money you charge.
Shift your sales mentality:
- Instead of portraying selling as taking from buyers; shift your perspective. Instead, think of it as giving greater value than what they’re willing to invest.
- Create information and relationships through your videos, content, and messages to potential buyers.
- Come with high energy. Build the buying energy, not just the sharing of information.
Steve’s four-letter framework to sell anything:
- D – Data, demonstrate, and deliver information.
- N – Narrative. Use a narrative to frame the solution, whether it’s a quick story about how you’ve used it or a case study.
- Q – Quantifiable results. Those results are significantly greater than the investment to deliver
- C – Confirm and continue with the sale.
Steve’s major takeaway? Collaborate, don’t convince. You’ll never win the sale with just a pitch and close; it takes collaboration, research, and work to make the close. For more information and content from Steve, email him at email@example.com. For TSE listeners, Steve is also offering a free back pocket guide (How to Sell Yourself Without Selling Your Soul), available at stevebrossman.com/bpg.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Are you tired of a digital workspace cluttered with notes, folders, files, and half-filled spreadsheets? (Not that we’re speaking from personal experience.) Luckily, we’ve found the solution.
Scratchpad is the first Revenue Team Workspace specifically designed to adapt to each salesperson’s workflow, so you don’t have to change your habits. Scratchpad creates a streamlined workflow that allows everyone to be a little more productive each day without the hassle of updating a database with whatever info you can find. Get Scratchpad free at Scratchpad.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by the Outbound 2022 Sales Conference.
Are you looking to learn actionable and practical ways to improve your sales performance? Do you or your team want to experience a fantastic professional development opportunity full of expert and high-quality speakers ready to help you reach your sales quotas? Attend this year’s Outbound Conference! Visit outboundconference.com to learn more, and use code MANGO10 at checkout to take a portion of your final ticket price.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.