Believe it or not, changing your sales communication strategy can be all you need to close more sales! In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald is joined by the CEO and Founder of Ajax Union, Joe Apfelbaum, to learn how he changed his sales approach to land more deals with larger accounts.
Break into larger accounts without wasting too much time:
- Everyone says to go on LinkedIn, but many people don’t understand how to use LinkedIn effectively.
- Anyone will see through a counterfeit pitch, even if it’s just a mutual connection request.
- Don’t waste time talking to unqualified leads by creating a strategy to guide your connection requests.
- Know the buyer, their issues, and their goals to sell effectively.
Features tell, stories sell.
- Become a storyteller to motivate and inspire people to create positive interactions on LinkedIn.
- Coaching without permission is criticism, so build rapport (through storytelling) to build the relationship beforehand.
- When you get a referral, the buyer or prospect doesn’t go to the company’s LinkedIn page; they go to yours. Keeping your own page updated is critical to a good interaction.
- Get familiar with the contact by reading their posts and looking through their content on other platforms to see what you can mention.
To the sellers who say they don’t have the time:
- It’s much easier to ask a friend for an appointment than a stranger. Build relationships, and you’ll have a perspective of abundance.
- Set a goal for how many conversations you want per week or month. Start with the end in mind.
- Joe’s secret? Exposure, credibility, and direct messaging.
- LinkedIn has a high organic reach, so post engaging content that grows your personal brand.
- When interacting with others, discuss something of interest and don’t jump into a sales pitch.
Connect with Joe on LinkedIn for more great content, insights, and information. To find more than 200 pages of sales insights and the key to building lasting sales relationships, read Joe’s book High Energy Networking, available on Amazon.
This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Are you tired of a digital workspace cluttered with notes, folders, files, and half-filled spreadsheets? (Not that we’re speaking from personal experience.) Luckily, we’ve found the solution.
Scratchpad is the first Revenue Team Workspace specifically designed to adapt to each salesperson’s workflow, so you don’t have to change your habits. Scratchpad creates a streamlined workflow that allows everyone to be a little more productive each day without the hassle of updating a database with whatever info you can find. Get Scratchpad free at Scratchpad.com.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.