How can you modernize your sales approach to stay up to date on your and your team’s sales approach? In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald kicks off our latest content series centered on modernizing your sales tactics and techniques. In today’s episode, Donald discusses three ways to change your mindset and specific tactics to update your sales strategy.
Unite sales and marketing:
- Traditionally, a seller would fill their pipeline through cold calling, but the process has changed.
- Account-based selling is the future of sales, prioritizing a unification of data-driven decisions combining sales and marketing.
- With marketing, they can target accounts with ads, emails, and other collateral to guide people to the sales funnel.
Automate selling techniques:
- Modern selling requires a mixture of automated and personalized messaging.
- Personalization has two sides: a generic pain focus or a LinkedIn or specified message. The latter is great to supplement and redirect them to generalized personalization.
- Outreach, Apollo, and Salesloft are all platforms that can help automate tactics you don’t need to do yourself.
Remove outdated tactics:
- Stop using the tactics modern buyers consider “gimmicky.” Establish yourself as a consultant, not just a seller looking for a commission check.
Become a brand authority:
- When Donald was a full-time sales rep, creating content was the best way to set himself apart.
- Once he left the company, his brand came with him! Using platforms like LinkedIn or even TikTok to share relevant and engaging content is helpful for prospective buyers, and subsequently you.
- This goes in tandem with automation. However, tools like Fathom helps extrapolate information from sales meetings to improve your meeting skills.
- Other platforms like LinkedIn Sales Navigator help you make data-driven decisions and find data-driven prospects for your business. Use these tools to help reach new goals!
Bonus tip: Use Donald’s sales planner to improve your time and take control of your day!
This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
The Great Resignation has become the Great Reshuffle, meaning it can be difficult for sales professionals like you to find leads and close deals. Luckily, Sales Navigator from LinkedIn is here for you!
Sales Navigator from LinkedIn is the only tool that uses real-time alerts and up-to-date insights to help you know when prospects are ready to buy. And, with over 30 advanced filters, sales professionals can quickly find genuine leads with the intent to purchase.
Gain the advantage of accurate, quality lead generation data from LinkedIn Sales Navigator. You can get a 60-day free trial of Sales Navigator at www.LinkedIn.com/TSE.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by Closers.io.
Closers.io helps sales reps land their dream remote sales gig, where they can set their own hours, work from anywhere, and make six or even multi-6 figures per year. That sure sounds good to us!
Committed to helping sales reps make a shift, Closers.io will place you in an available sales role that will increase your commissions and help you live the life you want. Apply for free now at go.closers.io/TSE.
This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Are you tired of a digital workspace cluttered with notes, folders, files, and half-filled spreadsheets? (Not that we’re speaking from personal experience.) Luckily, we’ve found the solution.
Scratchpad is the first Revenue Team Workspace specifically designed to adapt to each salesperson’s workflow, so you don’t have to change your habits. Scratchpad creates a streamlined workflow that allows everyone to be a little more productive each day without the hassle of updating a database with whatever info you can find. Get Scratchpad free at Scratchpad.com.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Hill.