In today’s special episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald discusses the highlights of his new book! Sell It Like a Mango, available on Amazon or at thesalesevangelist.com/mango, is full of principles, practices, and tips to sell your product through a shift in mindset and approach to sales.
The premise of the book:
- Donald saw many mango vendors in the street growing up in Jamaica. But they all sold the same product! So, why did some mangos sell better than others? Because the seller made the deal.
- If your product has value, you sell it at that value. Donald set up a mango stand in his front yard, but people couldn’t see him and didn’t come.
- The takeaway? Get outside your comfort zone to be a successful seller.
- This applies to everyone – people will sell the same thing as you, so you need to stand out.
In the book, Donald points out common sales misconceptions:
- Misconception 1: My role as a seller is to convince the buyer to make a purchase. The real goal is to educate the buyer to persuade themselve to make the purchase.
- Misconception 2: The work doesn’t require a drive. Whether that’s a passion for the product or a desire to be in a better financial state, drive to sell is what will sell.
What else can you learn?
- Handling and overcoming rejection. Sellers often encounter rejection, and it can be stressful and disheartening to experience. How can you bounce back?
- Identify and attract the right prospect. Because while your product might be able to benefit everyone, you shouldn’t try to sell to everyone.
- How to think like an entrepreneur. Sales reps don’t have the business on their back – if you don’t hit a quota, your business won’t fall apart. But how do you overcome adversities to succeed?
- Closing. The “close” doesn’t have to be an event. Don’t blow it out of proportion! You need to understand that nothing happens until you help people commit. Help prospects commit to minor things throughout the journey, like scheduling demos and signing papers to make it easier to close later!
Sell it Like A mango is a great resource, regardless of your experience as a seller. Visit thesalesevangelist.com/mango to preview the first chapter and leave a rating or review online! Let’s evangelize the world of sales.
This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
The Great Resignation has become the Great Reshuffle, meaning it can be difficult for sales professionals like you to find leads and close deals. Luckily, Sales Navigator from LinkedIn is here for you!
Sales Navigator from LinkedIn is the only tool that uses real-time alerts and up-to-date insights to help you know when prospects are ready to buy. And, with over 30 advanced filters, sales professionals can quickly find genuine leads with the intent to purchase.
Gain the advantage of accurate, quality lead generation data from LinkedIn Sales Navigator. You can get a 60-day free trial of Sales Navigator at www.LinkedIn.com/TSE.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by Closers.io.
Closers.io helps sales reps land their dream remote sales gig, where they can set their own hours, work from anywhere, and make six or even multi-6 figures per year. That sure sounds good to us!
Committed to helping sales reps make a shift, Closers.io will place you in an available sales role that will increase your commissions and help you live the life you want. Apply for free now at go.closers.io/TSE.
This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Are you tired of a digital workspace cluttered with notes, folders, files, and half-filled spreadsheets? (Not that we’re speaking from personal experience.) Luckily, we’ve found the solution.
Scratchpad is the first Revenue Team Workspace specifically designed to adapt to each salesperson’s workflow, so you don’t have to change your habits. Scratchpad creates a streamlined workflow that allows everyone to be a little more productive each day without the hassle of updating a database with whatever info you can find. Get Scratchpad free at Scratchpad.com.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.