Social selling is a topic many salespeople are familiar with. In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald is joined by the CEO of Pipeline Signals and Sales for Life and pioneer of social selling, Jamie Shanks, to learn how he utilizes relationship mapping to land more enterprise deals.
Three triggers matter to your audience:
- Buying intent – Who is googling a keyword or downloading something off your website?
- Product usage – Who uses which software, and how does that integrate with you?
- Following the human – Humans make business decisions. Whether for a customer company or a pending relationship.
- How can you maintain this high-level maintenance for all your prospects if people are shuffling and moving positions in this great resignation?
It’s not impossible to do it all yourself, but it’s very challenging.
- Missing sales intelligence is happening with all of your prospects because it’s just too much information for one person or team to stay on top of while maintaining their actual sales work.
- For B2B sellers, nearly every account will experience a turnover, promotion, or job change in your target department each month.
- If you try to maintain his information yourself, identify your core customers critical to your business and focus on them.
- At the very least, set up alerts on LinkedIn.
Jamie’s four-step guide to messaging the same person with a new job:
- Social connection – Bring them back to how they know you.
- Value creation – Explain how you can help the prospect make money, save money, or mitigate risk for their business.
- Knowledge or value exchange – when booking a meeting, you aren’t selling a solution – you’re providing a knowledge exchange. Give something worth spending time on.
- The call-to-action.
Jamie’s major takeaway? If you have hundreds or thousands of accounts, it will amaze you how many sales you can unlock by having a monitored database. It’s valuable to know what’s going on. To learn more about Jamie’s companies, visit their corresponding websites at Pipelinesignals.com and salesforlife.com. Connect with Jamie on LinkedIn for more great content.
This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
The Great Resignation has become the Great Reshuffle, meaning it can be difficult for sales professionals like you to find leads and close deals. Luckily, Sales Navigator from LinkedIn is here for you!
Sales Navigator from LinkedIn is the only tool that uses real-time alerts and up-to-date insights to help you know when prospects are ready to buy. And, with over 30 advanced filters, sales professionals can quickly find genuine leads with the intent to purchase.
Gain the advantage of accurate, quality lead generation data from LinkedIn Sales Navigator. You can get a 60-day free trial of Sales Navigator at www.LinkedIn.com/TSE.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by Closers.io.
Closers.io helps sales reps land their dream remote sales gig, where they can set their own hours, work from anywhere, and make six or even multi-6 figures per year. That sure sounds good to us!
Committed to helping sales reps make a shift, Closers.io will place you in an available sales role that will increase your commissions and help you live the life you want. Apply for free now at go.closers.io/TSE.
This episode is brought to you in part by Scratchpad.
Are you tired of a digital workspace cluttered with notes, folders, files, and half-filled spreadsheets? (Not that we’re speaking from personal experience.) Luckily, we’ve found the solution.
Scratchpad is the first Revenue Team Workspace specifically designed to adapt to each salesperson’s workflow, so you don’t have to change your habits. Scratchpad creates a streamlined workflow that allows everyone to be a little more productive each day without the hassle of updating a database with whatever info you can find. Get Scratchpad free at Scratchpad.com.
As one of our podcast listeners, we value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey. We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Google Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. Audio provided by Free SFX, Soundstripe, and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.