While mastering closing is critical, understanding how to open with a data-driven approach is a powerful component to help find and complete more deals. In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald is joined by author and founder of Win BIG Media Phillip Stutts to discuss the proper ways to begin prospecting.
The average American sees up to 10,000 ads every day.
- Ipso facto, how is your messaging breaking out of the clutter?
- The correct entry point for salespeople is to create a deeper connection with the prospect and understand what moves them.
- Whether it’s a B2B or B2C company, Phillip makes each of his clients dive into their customer base to understand more about them and their values.
- The point isn’t to manipulate; it’s to use that understanding to create a deeper connection that closes more deals.
What can a sales rep start to gain that understanding?
- Phillip partners with a major data analytics company to create custom data reports. If you have $7500-10000 to spare, this is high-quality data for a few audience segments that matter.
- If that’s a little out of your price range, just figure out more data on what’s going on. That could be surveys sent to your clients or running small ad campaigns on Google or Facebook.
Phillip’s five steps to using that data:
- What moves them? You’ve done this by collecting data about your audience.
- Build out a sales plan. Before jumping into tactics, build a plan that integrates your collected data.
- Create the brand. The key point – this happens after determining what moves your audience and creating a sales plan.
- Testing your messaging and branding to refine for your audience.
- Finally, sell, pitch, or market (because you’ve now eliminated all the risks.)
Phillip’s major takeaway? This is the most disruptive moment in human history, and the best companies are the ones that stand out and think differently. To get in contact with Phillip, visit his website, phillipstutts.com. Or, to start the conversation on what data analytics might look like for your company, visit phillipstutts.com/insights. Check out his book, The Undefeated Marketing System, on Amazon.
This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
The Great Resignation has become the Great Reshuffle, meaning it can be difficult for sales professionals like you to find leads and close deals. Luckily, Sales Navigator from LinkedIn is here for you!
Sales Navigator from LinkedIn is the only tool that uses real-time alerts and up-to-date insights to help you know when prospects are ready to buy. And, with over 30 advanced filters, sales professionals can quickly find genuine leads with the intent to purchase.
Gain the advantage of accurate, quality lead generation data from LinkedIn Sales Navigator. You can get a 60-day free trial of Sales Navigator at www.LinkedIn.com/TSE.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by mParticle.
Are you tired of wading through thousands of open sales positions to find the one perfect for you? Well, look no further. mParticle is one of the leading independent customer data platforms out there, and they’re looking for motivated remote sellers (just like yourself.)
With top-name clients from Spotify and Burger King to Airbnb, we don’t want you to let this opportunity go to waste! For more information and to view open positions, go to https://www.mparticle.com/careers/.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for each episode you listen to!
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.