While setting up discovery calls is the first half of the battle, the other half is getting the prospect to show up. And a great solution to drive attendance is by using a text message. In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald is joined by founder and CEO of Salesmsg Chris Brisson to talk about how you can use text messaging to increase meeting show rates.
SMS can be used for anything, from lead generation to conversion and engagement.
- Sales is a three-step process: sign up, show up, and pay up.
- Creating a multichannel approach is the best way to drive attendance. A simple text message offers a simple last-minute reminder shortly before meetings.
- We are a conversational society, so short messages with an understandable motive won’t’ be considered spammy or annoying.
Implementing SMS software into your business:
- If you want to test SMS messaging without a monetary investment, manually send a standard text message an hour before the meeting.
- But to scale this process, a system is necessary.
- With Salesmsg, you’ll have a way to respond to those messages if someone responds.
- Remember, it’s not a general broadcast message – it’s conversational.
- SMS can also be the channel for micro-questions that need answering and lead to more meaningful discussions.
- To start a conversation with a prospect, ask simple questions that ease them into a conversation.
What are some ways to get the phone number of people?
- Start today. And, depending on your business, the way you gather phone numbers might be different.
- You need an opt-in! Don’t just import a list and send mass text messages. (It isn’t legal.)
- Include the proper language and start the conversation.
- Providing your number first can help break the apprehension someone might have about supplying their number.
For access to case studies showing the advantage of SMS messaging for business, visit customers.salesmessage.com. The SaaS Academy case study is particularly helpful to see how people can use SMS to make more money. Use this link for free access to Salesmsg’s Text Size Your Business PDF, and head over to salesmsg.com to start a free 14-day trial to get introduced to the platform. (They’re the #1 integration on HubSpot.) For more content from Chris, connect with him on LinkedIn.
This episode is brought to you in part by LinkedIn Sales Navigator.
The Great Resignation has become the Great Reshuffle, meaning it can be difficult for sales professionals like you to find leads and close deals. Luckily, Sales Navigator from LinkedIn is here for you!
Sales Navigator from LinkedIn is the only tool that uses real-time alerts and up-to-date insights to help you know when prospects are ready to buy. And, with over 30 advanced filters, sales professionals can quickly find genuine leads with the intent to purchase.
Gain the advantage of accurate, quality lead generation data from LinkedIn Sales Navigator. You can get a 60-day free trial of Sales Navigator at www.LinkedIn.com/TSE.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by mParticle.
Are you tired of wading through thousands of open sales positions to find the one perfect for you? Well, look no further. mParticle is one of the leading independent customer data platforms out there, and they’re looking for motivated remote sellers (just like yourself.)
With top-name clients from Spotify and Burger King to Airbnb, we don’t want you to let this opportunity go to waste! For more information and to view open positions, go to https://www.mparticle.com/careers/.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for each episode you listen to!
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.