Many salespeople dream of reaching the illustrious seven-figure earners club. But how can you achieve this goal? In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald is joined by Brandon Fluharty to discuss his seven-step framework for making seven figures in enterprise SaaS sales.
There are core truths to seven-figure selling:
- You’re likely selling to large enterprise companies. While you can do it with small and medium-sized companies, it is challenging.
- You have experience (and confidence) selling to large clients.
- You need the patience to endure incredibly long sales cycles.
Get in the right environment.
- Find your “Goldilocks” situation concerning your ideal workplace, whatever that may be.
- What kind of internal infrastructure do you need to feel comfortable and successful?
Build a transformation mindset
- Seven-figure earners sell a transformation that doesn’t just solve an issue; it prevents the problem from happening again.
- In SaaS, you want to be the player touching multiple parts of the business. And that takes a transformational mindset.
Be strategic about your target account list.
- Sell to clients that give you purpose. Identify the reasons you like you prefer your ideal client, and search for more that fit those criteria.
- Doing so keeps you motivated during dishearteningly long sales cycles that enterprise companies have.
Create a standard no one else delivers.
- The Diamond Standard – Picture a coal field in your competitive scenario, and be the diamond for your clients.
- It is easier to perform to this standard when working with the clients you are interested in and passionate about.
Breakthrough personal limitations
- The higher you climb, the more imposter syndrome you’ll feel. For example, Brandon initially thought his introversion limited his success.
- But, as he climbed the ranks, Brandon realized he could listen more than talk. And that weakness turned into a strength.
- Write down traits you feel hold you back. Then, how can you repurpose those and turn them into strengths?
Rally others inside your organization
- Nothing great is achieved alone. And when you’re talking about seven and eight-figure deals, you’ll need help.
- Be a generalist with your skillset, but be a specialist with your outcome.
- Be confident that you’re engaged and can make an impact. Don’t dictate; collaborate.
Develop a personal operating system
- Move out of hustle culture and work more intelligently.
- DFC: Discipline, flexibility, and curiosity. Anything with a start, middle, and end should utilize these components.
- PREP: Plan, Rest, Effort, Performance.
- Balance these two frameworks to operate and live life instead of hustling around the clock. (It’s a much more humanistic approach.)
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by mParticle.
Are you tired of wading through thousands of open sales positions to find the one perfect for you? Well, look no further. mParticle is one of the leading independent customer data platforms out there, and they’re looking for motivated remote sellers (just like yourself.)
With top-name clients from Spotify and Burger King to Airbnb, we don’t want you to let this opportunity go to waste! For more information and to view open positions, go to https://www.mparticle.com/careers/.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.