As we enter the new year, there’s no time like the present to set new goals and embrace the productive mindset you’ve always wanted. In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald is joined by lifelong businessman, best-selling author, and coach Brad Sugars to discuss how you can revolutionize your thinking.
Revolutionize your mindset to get to the next level:
- It starts with the acknowledgment that your attitude needs to change.
- Brad’s formula for success: Dreams x Goals x Learning x Planning x Action. Getting to that next level involves all five of these components.
- Many of us are taught not to “bite off more than we can chew.” But change often means diving into the deep end and moving past our comfort zones.
But why should you jump into the deep end?
- Immersing yourself in a new way of doing things creates a new identity, and that identity shift is the change people need.
- Put yourself in situations where you aren’t the smartest or most productive person in the room. Doing so gives you the push to grow and learn.
- Instead of looking to beat your average quarter, beat your best quarter. You never see sports professionals aim to perform above their average; they aim to perform above their best.
Your goal is not your glass ceiling.
- Don’t let a low goal influence your ability to thrive.
- Pick your favorite mentor growing up. How would you be different if you got to sit with them for thirty minutes for the next 90 days?
Brad’s quick lead generation advice:
- What are most salespeople using for lead generation? Email, social media, and other standard practices.
- What are they missing? Simply asking who is interested; they’re trying to make a sale rather than see who’s interested.
- If someone expresses interest, that’s the ideal person to start a conversation with,
Brad’s final takeaway? Set goals, don’t be the smartest person in the room, and grow into your goals. (Because if you knew how to achieve that goal today, you’d already be doing it.)
Visit Brad’s website at https://bradsugars.com/ for more content and information. Contact him on LinkedIn, Instagram, or Twitter and mention you came from Donald’s podcast to receive 90% off his 90-day course.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by mParticle.
Are you tired of wading through thousands of open sales positions to find the one perfect for you? Well, look no further. mParticle is one of the leading independent customer data platforms out there, and they’re looking for motivated remote sellers (just like yourself.)
With top-name clients from Spotify and Burger King to Airbnb, we don’t want you to let this opportunity go to waste! For more information and to view open positions, go to https://www.mparticle.com/careers/.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for each episode you listen to!
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.