For many salespeople, a change in mindset encourages growth as you cultivate your sales practice. And on today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald is joined by sales consultant and speaker Natasha Hemmingway to learn her 5-step formula to rewire the brain and think like a sales pro. With 16 years of corporate sales experience (and multiple years as a professional sales consultant), Natasha believes that sales changes everything. It gives us access, and opportunities to impact and influence others and help solve their problems.
Step One: Mindset
- Many sales teams focus exclusively on the numbers, hustling for new clients purely for financial gain. But this mentality just doesn’t help anyone.
- Selling with heart means putting the client at the front of your selling technique. Serving them should be your priority.
- Selling is a partnership just as much as it is a transaction, and it is the willingness to walk away from a deal if it isn’t right for the prospect.
Step Two: Communication
- Communication cannot come without the proper mindset, and it requires an understanding of what you’re selling and who you’re selling it to.
- In your communication, come from a place of confidence, ease, and grace.
- Most small and mid-size companies need to focus on their main thing. Selling dozens of slightly different products doesn’t encourage a purchase; it prevents it.
- Developing your authentic sales voice will help the client determine their best purchase (which should be your goal.)
Step Three: Energy
- How are you showing up to work? People know if you’re nervous, anxious, or just want money. You just can’t hide it.
- Without the proper energy, you will encounter challenges converting sales and finding growth, regardless of how good your product or service might be.
Step Four: A sales process
- Solo entrepreneurs, small businesses, and even medium-sized businesses frequently don’t have a sales process.
- If you wing your sales process, you’re likely repeating the same mistakes. A sales process quickly helps increase conversions and prevent these mistakes.
- At a minimum, a sales process should detail the components of a sales call, pricing, follow-up, and closing.
Step Five: A sales strategy
- Even if your business is similar to fifty other people, your sales strategy and process are likely quite different.
- People (especially in the sales world) mimic what they believe is successful. But can you deliver your authentic self while trying to be someone else? (Hint: No.)
Natasha’s main takeaway? If you aren’t communicating and touching the human behind the payment, there’s a critical gap in your sales process. Connect with Natasha on LinkedIn or Instagram, and visit natashahemmingway.com for free downloads, sales quizzes, and other excellent resources.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by mParticle.
Are you tired of wading through thousands of open sales positions to find the one perfect for you? Well, look no further. mParticle is one of the leading independent customer data platforms out there, and they’re looking for motivated remote sellers (just like yourself.)
With top-name clients from Spotify and Burger King to Airbnb, we don’t want you to let this opportunity go to waste! For more information and to view open positions, go to https://www.mparticle.com/careers/.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for each episode you listen to!
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.