Many salespeople have a misconstrued mindset about the mindset itself, hindering success and costing more money. In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald discusses five common sales misconceptions and how to overcome them. So start the new year by overcoming these common misconceptions.
Myth #1: Mindset is a soft skill and can’t be proven to result.
- Yes, motivational things are important and cool. But pep talk motivation has a purpose – it helps you perform. If your mind is game-ready, the performance will follow.
- Mindset isn’t just your motivation; it’s the way you think. Motivation is only a tiny (but necessary) part of that.
Myth #2: I don’t need a mindset, I can just hustle and complete tactics.
- When you get to a certain point, “hustling” only gets you so far.
- People who shatter records, earn promotions, and go beyond their current limit need more than hustle; they need the proper mindset.
- Research shows 80% of our daily thoughts are negative, and we do this to keep ourselves in our comfort zones.
- Mindset training teaches you to combat and subvert those subconscious thoughts.
Myth #3: I don’t need mindset training to strengthen my mind.
- Even the most mentally tough person on Earth has another level they can reach.
- People sell themselves short to avoid disappointment down the line. But you can definitely do more. And mindset coaches help with that.
Myth #4: Mindsets are an either-or proposition
- Mindset by Carol Dweck establishes the dichotomy of a fixed or growth mindset. But the truth is, it’s not an either-or situation. You can be both!
- We have thoughts on both sides of the scale, between overcoming negativity in the workplace to our goals and career aspirations.
Myth #5: Anyone can do anything
- Okay, this sounds pessimistic. But it’s simply reality. You can’t grow wings. You can’t breathe in space. And, most likely, you won’t make the NBA. There are things you can’t or shouldn’t do.
- Understanding this doesn’t mean you have a bad mindset. Instead, it encourages you to shift your focus to things you have control over, which allows you to see greater results.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by mParticle.
Are you tired of wading through thousands of open sales positions to find the one perfect for you? Well, look no further. mParticle is one of the leading independent customer data platforms out there, and they’re looking for motivated remote sellers (just like yourself.)
With top-name clients from Spotify and Burger King to Airbnb, we don’t want you to let this opportunity go to waste! For more information and to view open positions, go to https://www.mparticle.com/careers/.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.