Remote and hybrid work environments can be challenging. Back-to-back Zoom calls quickly blur together, and many salespeople find that, even with note-taking, there are gaps in recollection when the follow-up meeting arrives. In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald is joined by Richard White to discuss his sales app, Fathom, which helps address and overcome these sales issues.
Salespeople juggle note-taking, conducting conversations, and remembering essential elements of meetings for later discussions.
- Because of this huge workflow, it’s easy for things to fall through the cracks.
- So, Richard built the free app Fathom for Zoom that records, transcribes, and (most importantly) highlights key moments of calls so you can focus on having an actual conversation.
In a typical call, only 15% of the conversation is note-worthy.
- That means 85% of the conversation probably isn’t very important. And that 85% drowns out the 15% pretty quickly.
- As a salesperson, you’re routinely giving pitches, answering questions, and overcoming similar objections across clients and prospects. Remembering the different results of these similar conversations gets increasingly difficult as you have more meetings.
- Notes are incredibly helpful to help prep before a follow-up call. Rather than stress about what was discussed and where you left off, Fathom provides a short highlight reel with that 15% of important information.
How can this app and system help a remote sales rep or leader?
- Fathom’s video highlights are compiled with a sales methodology. Timeline, pain points, and other noteworthy topics are automatically flagged to revisit later.
- Zoom has cloud recording, but you often don’t get the recording until thirty minutes after the call. Because Fathom is real-time, so you get it immediately.
- Several platforms provide helpful coaching metrics, but that’s only after the call. Fathom’s real-time recording alerts you during the call if you’ve been monologuing, helping provide the best experience possible for the prospect.
- The goal is to perform smarter, not harder.
The main takeaway from this episode? Zoom calls don’t have to be as stressful as they are. Visit fathom.video/pod to skip the waitlist and get this free tool for yourself, and connect with Richard on LinkedIn for more great updates and content.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by mParticle.
Are you tired of wading through thousands of open sales positions to find the one perfect for you? Well, look no further. mParticle is one of the leading independent customer data platforms out there, and they’re looking for motivated remote sellers (just like yourself.)
With top-name clients from Spotify and Burger King to Airbnb, we don’t want you to let this opportunity go to waste! For more information and to view open positions, go to https://www.mparticle.com/careers/.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.thesalesevangelist.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: thesalesevangelist.com/survey.
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.