Today’s special episode of The Sales Evangelist Podcast looks back on five of the best episodes of 2021. (If you were wondering, yes, it was a tough decision.) Check out the links to visit each episode if you missed it to listen!
Episode 1508: Insight-Led Selling: Adopting An Executive Mindset To Learn How Buyers Think with Dr. Stephen Timme and Melody Astley
- This episode encouraged sellers to focus on how your product or service fixes a prospect’s problem. Focus on how to bring value versus the “what” of the sale.
- Reorient your selling practices to understand how the customer buys rather than how the seller sells.
- For more great information, read their book, “Insight-Led Selling: Adopt an Executive Mindset, Build Credibility, Communicate with Impact.”
- In this episode discussing account-based outreach strategies, Scott stressed the importance of the message above all else- if you’re going to reach out to a prospect, target messages to the prospect.
- Don’t make the conversation about yourself – initial outreach should get into some dialogue or discussion where the prospect is the center.
- For more great content from Scott, check out his podcast, The Surf and Sales Podcast.
- Sales and marketing must come together. It’s no longer enough to work in tandem – they must be integrated to drive revenue.
- An integrated experience should put the customer journey first versus different departments judging success based on different outcomes.
- Nadia has a four-step process to overcoming prospect objections: listen, understand and validate, respond, and confirm.
- Whenever you encounter an objection you aren’t sure how to address, there is no shame in admitting that. However, commit to finding an answer and make a proactive effort to address it later.
- For more great content from Nadia, follow her on LinkedIn.
Episode 1514: How “The Practice” And Being Different Can Help Sellers Connect With More Prospects with Seth Godin
- Google didn’t succeed because of a stellar sales team- Google succeeded because Google made a product that sold itself.
- If you want to measure salespeople based solely on the outcome, figure out how to normalize it based on what you’re selling.
- Juggling isn’t about catching; it’s about throwing. If you get good at the practice of your job, the results take care of themselves.
- Make sure to check out Seth’s book The Practice for more awesome content and advice.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by mParticle.
Are you tired of wading through thousands of open sales positions to find the one perfect for you? Well, look no further. mParticle is one of the leading independent customer data platforms out there, and they’re looking for motivated remote sellers (just like yourself.)
With top-name clients from Spotify and Burger King to Airbnb, we don’t want you to let this opportunity go to waste! For more information and to view open positions, go to https://www.mparticle.com/careers/.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.