When we dive into the nitty-gritty of sales, there’s a critical difference between sales engagement and sales enablement. While both are important, especially when developing relationships with prospects, the differences can be challenging to determine. That’s why, on today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald discusses what sales engagement is and how you can implement it in your own sales practice.
So, what is sales engagement?
- Simply put, sales engagement is an interaction between you and the prospect. (But there’s obviously more to it than that.)
- Sales enablement is giving salespeople the tools to know what to say and do it effectively.
Effectively implementing sales engagement:
- Many tools offer both sales enablement and sales engagement. And back in the day, salespeople would dial up contacts in a phone book. But that isn’t effective today.
- Instead of phone book contacts, we rely on intent-based marketing and information to gather potential leads.
How can you know if an HR director is looking for contacts?
- Platforms like ZoomInfo and 6sense allow the sales rep to find companies based on keywords relevant to your product or service.
- Tools like Outreach and Salesloft help you understand when emails are opened and their interaction with content.
- It’s like Whack-a-Mole – frustrating when you hit empty space. But, if you knew where the moles would pop up, you could predict where they’d be. And you’d whack with confidence!*
*TSE does not endorse whacking prospects.
Fine-tuning the sales engagement workflow:
- Know when to reach out to a prospect and what type of outreach is most effective for that prospect.
- Use analytics to drive content decisions.
- Utilize tools like video and other content (based on what your prospects are most likely to use.)
Today’s final takeaway? In the B2C world, major companies are experts at sales engagement. (Amazon probably knows more about you than you do yourself.) B2B organizations are working towards that goal to understand the situation, problem of the prospect, and series will help you do the same.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.