Like with any job, your sales performance will be far better with the proper mindset. A focused attitude, combined with a strong feeling of self-worth and knowing who you are as a human being, affects all areas of your life. In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald is joined by Robert Workman to learn how to empower ourselves to have a mindset conducive to sales success.
You need to have confidence in both your work and yourself.
- Have confidence that you’ll show up as yourself, regardless of what meeting, event, or circumstance you find yourself in.
- Many salespeople lack a strong sense of confidence but finding that confidence empowers you to do whatever you need to do to succeed.
How you can be more focused as a sales professional:
- Once you’re confident in yourself, you can accomplish what you know is suitable for your career rather than what other people might tell you is correct.
- Robert’s book Selling – The Most Dangerous Game encourages you to look at the leadership and style of work in your workplace to determine if it is the right environment for you.
- Have the confidence to acknowledge if this workplace will be conducive to your success rather than forcing something that doesn’t work.
To ensure success, take ownership of your time.
- Eliminating distractions is paramount to the success of a salesperson.
- When dealing with adversity, you have to have a total belief in yourself.
- You have to believe you can walk into a business meeting and accomplish what you need to do.
To get in touch with Robert, visit his website, hiredgun.us, for his email, contact information, and links to his books.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.