Whether or not you and your business utilize account-based selling, you won’t obtain the sales figures you want without the right messaging and communication. In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald is joined by sales consultant and strategic advisor Scott Leese to learn how salespeople can ensure they’re using messaging that delivers results.
How can a salesperson ensure solid messaging?
- Have the client explain and describe what problems and challenges they have.
- During the first interaction with a potential client, some businesses will try to talk about themselves. Don’t do that.
- Selling is more than convincing the prospect to buy your product. The first step is simply to pique their interest.
The traditional mass-email strategy is no longer effective.
- People are inundated with vague email pitches.
- While this was once a good strategy, the pendulum has now swung in the opposite direction, and the number of importance is no longer volume; it’s conversions.
- We have to be thoughtful, customer-focused and targeted.
How to create thoughtful messaging:
- Find out more about your target. Research the individual and the company, find one or two key points, and then reach out.
- Most importantly: Understand you won’t hit a home run every time. Don’t spend hours researching one prospect. Instead, find something to have a simple but thoughtful conversation.
- If you put yourself out there in a casual, thoughtful, authentic way, that puts people at ease. And that ease allows them to pass that onto somebody else.
Scott’s main takeaway is: Be sincere, be human, and be thoughtful. Don’t overthink or try to get an A+; college is over. To get in touch with Scott, connect with him on LinkedIn, and check him out on Thursday Night Sales, the longest-running virtual sales happy hour. You can also tune in to his podcast, The Surf & Sales Podcast.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.