Every salesperson has been in this situation at some point: marketing delivers a handful of leads, only for nobody to respond after you initiate contact. While frustrating, that’s an unfortunate downfall of the lead-based selling model, and a great reason why pivoting to an account-based sales model could be beneficial for you. In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald explains what account-based selling is and how you can implement it into your approach.
Account-based selling is an excellent approach for many businesses.
- Rather than utilize a traditional lead-based model, an account-based approach focuses on the ideal client account of your company and how you can attract similar clients to them.
- An account-based strategy will keep your marketing and sales departments unified and focused on the same target, generating more touchpoints and communications with the ideal client most likely to purchase.
How to start using an account-based approach:
- First, make a list of the people most likely to buy from you. This list should be a series of criteria that only a select group will fit.
- Second, discover companies that fit these descriptions.
- Finally, multithread. Don’t reach out to just one person at the company; find three to five people you might want to interact with.
What is the benefit of account-based selling?
- Marketing and sales will continue their typical outreach: the white papers, the events, and the webinars.
- Only now, it’ll come with a focus and a mission that is aligned with the ideal account most beneficial to the salespeople.
- Account-based targeting allows you to create content specifically for your ideal client. While the reach might be smaller, the likelihood of moving those ideal clients through the funnel is much more significant.
It takes time and work to develop the playbook to make this process run seamlessly. But once the plan is in place, you’ll find opportunities for more growth and more sales.
Join our Facebook group, The Sales Evangelizers, to share your sales story and join a community of people dedicated to growing their profession.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.