To own or not to own, that is the question. In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald is joined by Mike Farrell, who specializes in outsourcing SDR work so their clients can focus on other tasks. Should you and your company use an external SDR team, or should you invest in and develop a team yourself? Find out in today’s episode.
With 18 years in the SDR world, Mike knows when to outsource versus invest in a team yourself.
- The answer? It all depends on where your company is in its maturation process.
- Startups and recently created companies likely don’t have the tools, people, or finances in place to develop their own team successfully (and should therefore outsource.)
- On the other hand, after receiving two or three rounds of investment, it might be wise to create your own team with a more in-depth understanding of what your company offers.
What even is “outsourcing”?
- Mike’s company has two different outsourcing methods: they use their own software, systems and people to perform the tasks themselves. This means the SDR team can be rapidly deployed, but a third-party organization still owns it. This is a common model for startups.
- The other model is a pay-per-appointment method, reserved more for companies that have enterprise companies as clients.
How to determine if you should outsource your team’s SDR work:
- Work backward: First, decide on your final sales goals and objectives.
- Look at how many deals you made in a time frame and the win rate of the prospects you contacted.
- Total the number of prospects you interacted with across all mediums, and determine if you have the number of staff required to reach your goals based on your win rate.
- If the answer is no, you need to hire an external vendor to augment that (or staff up your internal SDR organization.)
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.