Branding is way more than the marketing or the marketing team – it’s establishing and helping people realize you’re an authority. In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald is joined by branding expert Marc Gutman to learn why businesses that invest in branding win out over those that don’t.
Marc’s branding journey started because of the power of storytelling:
- Marc worked in the movie business, working with award-winning director Oliver Stone. It was in this field where he learned what the power of storytelling could do for an organization.
- He moved to branding after moving to Colorado, where he discovered a fantastic community of startup entrepreneurs. Marc started his own business (which he ended up selling) and then started his branding agency, Wild Story.
A brand has one job: Get people to buy more stuff for more years at a higher price.
- There are two ways for an organization to increase its margins: lower costs or increase the price of goods or services.
- To raise the price without reducing transactions, you must increase the product’s perceived value so people are more willing to pay more.
Everyone has a brand, even as an individual:
- Whether you like it or not, people want to know about you if they’re going to work with you. And because people no longer work in the same career or organization their entire life, you always need to be building a brand reputation for your future.
- There’s only room for one person to be the cheapest in the market. For everyone else, there is branding to emphasize what you bring to the table.
What can an organization do to develop a brand?
- Become a thought leader and make content. Whether that’s video, podcasts, or blogs, pick a medium that you like and start creating!
- A brand is not your logo, tagline, or website. It’s the words and underlying DNA behind your organization.
- People have a gut feeling about your products and service, and you influence that through your words.
- A brand should become repetitive to you internally, but it should never feel repetitive externally.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.