From small entrepreneurial startups to major corporations, customer loyalty and customer service are vital for business. After all, without customers, would you be able to stay in business? In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald is joined by Brad Cleveland, author, speaker, and something, to learn Brad’s five steps leaders should take to build customer loyalty.
Establish a vision.
- Think REI: we inspire, educate, and outfit for a lifetime of outdoor adventure and stewardship. It’s clear, concise, and anyone hearing it will know exactly what the company is about.
- Visions aren’t exclusive to companies; they should be for individuals too. So why do you do what you do?
Tap into innovation.
- As you interact with your contacts, prospects, and customers, think about what you can learn from the exchange.
- The more you pay attention to the root causes driving interactions with your customers, the better you’ll be able to serve them.
Cast a wide net of listening.
- Brainstorm every possible way a customer might try to interact with you. Between email, social media, physical, website forms, there’s a myriad of potential sources you have to be prepared to listen to.
- The quietest voices can be the most powerful, but you’ve got to be willing to hear them.
Build your approach around ten customer expectations.
- Customer expectations aren’t changing; be responsive, be available, simple things that just make common sense.
- Find ways to provide the service your customer wants.
Build processes around recurring problem areas.
- Even after implementing the four previous steps, you might still encounter recurring frustrations, and that’s normal.
- If this happens, identify those problem areas and work to solve those issues. Then, develop processes that avoid or fix the areas moving forward.
Brad’s major takeaway? Be uniquely you. There might be things you can learn from other people or organizations, but trying to emulate them will prevent you from developing the authentic relationships you want. Visit him at bradcleveland.com to view his courses, get in contact with him, and find out more about his journey. Read his book Leading the Customer Experience and visit the International Customer Management Institute to find a community of professionals dedicated to providing the perfect customer experience.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.