Where is the future of selling? The future of selling is here. For anyone thinking of joining the professional sales world, or who knows someone who wants to join sales, or knows someone who knows someone (I’m sure you get the idea), this is the series for you. In today’s episode, Donald gives three things every seller needs to know about the future of selling.
1. Your plays are outdated.
- When you think of sports like football, you think of the playbook that dictates the different actions the team might take. Unfortunately, sales has become way too similar to that.
- Many organizations try to streamline the sales process and provide plays for salespeople to follow. While great in theory, it doesn’t work when every salesperson runs the same plays.
- To make it worse? Not only are salespeople doing it, but the prospects are as well!
- Bring something unique to the table by using a revenue-centric approach. How does the company you want to work with make money?
2. Go rogue.
- Business development representatives need to think differently because prospects want you to come to the table with business problems.
- Don’t just try to offer sales or marketing help when interacting with a prospect. Instead, ask the right questions, find their specific problem, and address those issues.
3. Sales and marketing need to come together.
- An article from Forbes states that sales and marketing can “no longer work in tandem.”
- Being aligned is no longer sufficient; the departments need to be integrated.
- Place the customer journey first, and develop a curated buying experience for the consumer instead of building different components for the same building.
What or where do you think the future of sales is going to be? Join Donald’s Facebook group, The Sales Evangelizers, to find a community of people to share, reflect, and grow with on your sales journey and share your thoughts and response.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for each episode you listen to!
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.