Sometimes all it takes to differentiate from the competition successfully is to think past the first solution. In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald is joined by the co-founder of Leaddelta, Ved Rasic, to learn how he launched a successful company after thinking past the first solution.
Understand the main assumptions of a crowded market:
- If you’re in a crowded market, that means there’s a demand.
- The leading mistake salespeople make: they scan what others do and try to repeat it.
- Your goal should be to move past that first option (option A) and create option B.
- Understand how people arrive at the stage where they need your product.
- To do this successfully, know the pain points and goals of your customers.
Once you understand the why, how do you differentiate based on those pain points?
- For the small businesses that utilize full-cycle sale reps, you have several interactions with your customers. It’s cliche, but listen to those interactions.
- Don’t just listen for phrases you want to hear, but understand their problems and goals to determine how to help them best.
- Be curious. Let prospects talk more because that often leads to higher closing rates.
Leaddelta can be incredibly helpful in differentiation.
- The platform is essentially a table or CRM-style view of your first-degree LinkedIn connections.
- This setup makes LinkedIn a better platform because it provides a spam-free, ad-free environment to add notes, tags and save time.
- Leaddelta has over 1400 users, and 50% are paid. And that’s what you can get from thinking about the option B perspective.
The typical salesperson collects LinkedIn connections like Pokemon cards. Instead, use those connections to create powerful relationships.
- Think about what customers talk about that makes them want a product or service.
- Use storytelling to help you become a better sales rep.
- Follow Ved on LinkedIn and Twitter, and visit his company website at leaddelta.com for more information.
Join Donald’s Facebook group, The Sales Evangelizers, to find a community of people to share, reflect, and grow with on your sales journey.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master sales fundamentals and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes by tuning in on Apple Podcast, Stitcher, or Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for each episode you listen to!
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.