If there was a way for you, as a salesperson, to make more money, would you? (We hope you’d answer yes to that question.) Don’t worry, we got you! Today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist features Roy Redd, who shares his three strategies for you to make more money, have a bigger impact, and take more time off (which sure sounds like a deal to us.)
USP: Determine your unique selling proposition.
- Make your business unique. Domino’s Pizza changed the pizza game with their “hot and ready in thirty minutes or it’s free.”
- Know what your company offers, what your message is, and what you can deliver.
- What can you do that’s unique? Can you guarantee something? Is it speed? Is it language? There are many ways to be different.
- Roy’s podcast, The Entrepreneur Underdog, is different. Why? Because it tailors to specific emotional perceptions of some entrepreneurs.
- The best method to identify your USP is to ask your audience. Ask them why they worked with you? Go through those responses to see what stands out to your customers.
Positioning: Be the guru at the top of a mountain in your industry.
- Tony Robbins is the best-positioned person in his space. There are multiple ways to put yourself at the top. Get to the point where you’ve realized as the best in your game.
- How do you get to that point? It’s all about branding.
- A brand is artifacts in the market that say who you are and what you do.
- Depending on your business, maybe you write a book, speak at a presentation or conference, or even create a course.
- The most well-positioned people show they can help educate and provide information people want.
Systems: Money doesn’t create freedom, systems do.
- You got into business for the freedom. Business owners have a hundred things they’re doing and a hundred things they aren’t. Figure out what’s working, and do that.
- Use lead results and measures to set up a plan to get you where you want to go. For example, Roy knows for every 150 managers he emails, he gets one repsonse. Plan your goals and daily schedule around that.
Why do people have challenges creating systems?
- It’s not about time management; it’s about energy management.
- You’ve got to hire, delegate, and prioritize the tasks that make you successful and develop systems around those strategies. Whether that’s email outreach, LinkedIn messaging, utilize it. (And take advantage of AI!))
- Anything you do consistently can be automated. Figure out how to automate your workload to develop systems.
Major takeaway: There are only two ways to grow sales: pricing (charging more) and improving business processes (which is utilizing the three strategies in the episode.)
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.