Time management is often considered one of the essential skills to master in the professional world. As one of the resources we never seem to have enough of, time certainly is a resource to use to the best of our abilities. But today’s guest, Antonio Thornton, argues that time management doesn’t exist. How does it not? Check out today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist to find out!
Why does time management not exist?
- How many hours in the day do you have? 24. Just like everyone else. You can’t manage time, but you can manage yourself according to time.
- Managing yourself within time comes down to three main criteria: monitoring, monetizing, and maximizing your time.
Monitoring your time:
- Most people have no idea what they’re doing. Most people confuse busy with productive – they do not equate.
- Productive does not equate to profitable.
- The productivity paradox: People tend to focus on tasks that make them feel productive, even if they aren’t profitable.
- Cleaning out your inbox or desk and shuffling papers might keep you busy, but those tasks aren’t productive.
Monetizing your time:
- There is no difference between each other’s times. Most of us spend time on activities that don’t generate revenue – responding to email, completing training, and updating websites. While these things might be necessary, they aren’t RGAs: revenue-generating activities.
- It doesn’t matter how much work you put into these activities; you won’t make any money no matter how much time you contribute.
- Learning and training are productive tasks, and research is a productive activity that can inform you before a sales call, but those tasks in of themselves aren’t profitable. If you only do those tasks, you will not make a single dollar.
- Whether you’re a salesperson or entrepreneur, there’s only one thing that makes money in sales: getting an offer in front of people.
Maximizing your time:
- The difference between a salesperson who generates $60,000 versus $6 million is all in what they do each day.
- Ask yourself how you can leverage what you’re doing to create an exponential result.
- Find the tasks and projects you can accomplish that lead to a higher amount of RGA.
Antonio’s final takeaway? Time is our most valuable commodity. To have a great life, moderate, monetize, and maximize your time. To get in touch with him, visit his company website or send an email to email@example.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, designed to help new and struggling sellers master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.