A challenging aspect of a salesperson’s job is business development. One way you can simplify the business development process, however, is through outsourcing. In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, we’re joined by Tom Ancona, founder and chief strategist at ROCKyourcompany.com, to discuss how outsourcing can lead to new business development.
The first step to outsourcing: visualize.
- Think about your goals. If you had a team of people to execute everything you want to do, what is that vision?
- Work backward from that vision to determine who will get you to that point.
- When outsourcing, the words “you get what you give” could not be more accurate. The results and work you get are directly related to the instruction and information you provide.
Develop your vision:
- Pretend you’re talking to a recently hired assistant – be descriptive in what you want. The more details you provide, the better the project will be.
- If the project requires platforms like Sales Navigator, have at least a baseline understand of the software or platform.
Hiring the right candidate can be a challenge.
- Selecting the right candidate might not be easy, especially at the beginning. It takes experience to find the right kind of people.
- The solution? Do your homework. Read their feedback from folks they’ve worked with. Read both the most recent and most relevant reviews to see into their current headspace and how they’ve finished similar projects.
- Meet with them and ask tough questions about your expectations. If they give intuitive answers and understand what you’re asking, you’ve found a good candidate.
Understand how freelance platforms operate:
- When you purchase projects on platforms like Upwork or Fiverr, some have an escrow account. You allocate the money before each project, but you have to approve the project before the money is transferred. This gives you a level of safety in that a freelancer has to complete the project.
- Don’t hand over passwords to your most valuable assets until you’ve worked with somebody for a while.
Tom’s major takeaway and special offer:
- If you’re not doing it now, look at outsourcing as a potential way to break out in your marketplace, as you’ve never done before.
- If you’re looking to improve your sales game with free downloadable templates, visit tomancona.com/tse for a free template download for you. To schedule a meeting with Tom, visit Meetwithtom.live to view his calendar.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.