Congrats, you just landed a sales job! But should you accept it? In today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, Donald provides his three tips to consider before you accept that job offer.
Connect with their current sales team.
- Directly asking a sales team what their opinions are at their company is a great way to discover the company culture.
- They aren’t trying to sell you anything – they have nothing to gain from convincing you it’s a great place when, in reality, it isn’t.
- Finding the sales team is tremendously easy as well because their entire job is centered around being available.
Determine what customers say about them right now.
- How do you go about doing this? (It’s easy.) Look through case studies and online reviews to generate names, and reach out to those people on LinkedIn.
- But why should you do this? It can help you get a good scope of the company and show if they consistently update their work or bank off of case studies from 2008.
Look at Glassdoor and Google Reviews for the company.
- Nobody is more brutally honest than strangers on the internet, right?
- Glassdoor is a platform where current and past employees share information about working at the company.
- While people might exaggerate on the internet, this can help bring up any concerns you might need to consider before accepting the job.
The main takeaway here is that you really want to know as much about the company as possible before accepting. Limit the surprises you might face, and you’ll be on your way to a great next step in your career.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes, tune in on Apple Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for each episode you listen to!
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX and Bensound. Other songs used in the episodes are as follows: The Organ Grinder written by Bradley Jay Hill, performed by Bright Seed, and Produced by Brightseed and Hill.