President and Co-founder of BombBomb Darin Dawson joins us on today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist to discuss the importance of utilizing video in sales after COVID-19. Running sales marketing and customer success for his video platform company gives Darin key insights to make your post-pandemic sales successful.
The importance of video for sales in the post COVID era:
- The pandemic taught us how to create a new and different customer experience: video. Even once the pandemic ends, people might not be keen to leave the video approach because people can be unique, creative, and (most importantly) themselves.
- Any business can replicate and develop new features, but there is no way to replicate people. And video allows people to capitalize on the people and the relationship you’ve built with your prospects.
- Video is personal, not personalized.
Relationships aren’t built over text on a screen:
- Use video for the back and forth dialogue typically done through text.
- Video capitalizes on a salesperson’s relationship-building skills and helps them stand out from the competition.
- Sending a video is asynchronous, meaning the prospect can watch the video on their time, send it to coworkers or decision-makers, and even view it multiple times.
- While video is now used mainly for initial outreach, you can and should experiment with sending video throughout the sales process to capitalize on the face-to-face interaction video provides.
Where has Darin seen video used to increase sales post-pandemic?
- Video builds better relationships, which can later accelerate sale expansion down the line.
- Communication is more than verbal; nonverbal is just as important. And you can find nonverbal communication through video.
- Your videos don’t have to be a formal sit-down. Videos can be short, informal, and meant to build relationships with those you’ve already talked with.
- For founders, directors, and managers, consider sending videos internally to encourage and congratulate your employees.
- Darin’s biggest takeaway? People are your best asset. And you need to capitalize on that by providing a fresh and exciting customer experience.
Connect with Darin on LinkedIn, but make sure to connect with a personal message!
If you’re interested in more sales stories, you can talk to Donald directly. Reach him on LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook about any sales concerns.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by NetHunt CRM.
NetHunt CRM is a sales automation tool that lives inside Gmail. It covers a full set of features to manage leads, nurture customer relations, monitor sales progress, and automate sales and marketing workflows. With native-like Gmail and G Suite integration, you can access your CRM data, launch bulk email campaigns, and set up automated sequences from the comfort of your inbox. NetHunt helps move leads down your sales funnel and never lets a valuable prospect go untouched.
NetHunt CRM offers TSE listeners a 40% discount for the first three months along with free user training and a dedicated Customer Success Manager with any pricing plan.
Try NetHunt CRM today at https://nethunt.com/tse.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
We’d love for you to join us for our next episodes, tune in on Apple Podcast, Stitcher, and Spotify. You can also leave comments, suggestions, and ratings for each episode you listen to!
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX.