Today on The Sales Evangelist, Donald is joined by Junior Germain – intern extraordinaire at The Sales Evangelist. When he’s not hitting the books at BYU-Idaho, you can find Junior assisting the TSE team in all things social media, PR, and marketing. Today’s episode is a quick Q&A, where Junior asks Donald his questions about one topic: what do I need to do to succeed in sales?
Question 1: How do I overcome mental fatigue as a salesperson?
- When people tell you no, view it as a part of the sales game. (Meaning they aren’t rejecting the person; they’re rejecting the role.)
- That person might be in the middle of cooking dinner, watching a great Netflix show, or preparing for work. If you try to make a sale (especially when inconvenient for the prospect), you’ll inevitably get rejected.
Question 2: How do you overcome the fact that you’re interrupting their daily schedule?
- You’re providing a helpful service or product – something of worth to your prospects. Your job is to help them realize that.
- You don’t want to convince people that you have a product they need; you want people to convince themselves.
- At the end of the day, a sales job isn’t about getting people to like you; it’s to deliver a message to solve a problem. And it’s a tough gig.
Question 3: What can I do to turn a no into a yes?
- Ask questions. Learn about their hesitations to help guide the conversation to a sale.
- Sometimes people won’t understand the offer, so the salesperson has to help them understand.
- Give them a menu option. List out a few common reasons someone might not be interested in your product, and use that to address their specific concerns.
- The key takeaway: understand your product or service. If you’re selling pest control products, you want to know what bugs are likely to be a problem, where they’ll be, and how they’ll present themselves in a house or yard. And since you probably didn’t learn pest control in school, it’s your job to fill the gaps in your knowledge.
You can connect with Junior on LinkedIn and keep an eye on The Sales Evangelist’s social media as well to see Junior’s work.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by NetHunt CRM.
NetHunt CRM is a sales automation tool that lives inside Gmail. It covers a full set of features to manage leads, nurture customer relations, monitor sales progress, and automate sales and marketing workflows. With native-like Gmail and G Suite integration, you can access your CRM data, launch bulk email campaigns, and set up automated sequences from the comfort of your inbox. NetHunt helps move leads down your sales funnel and never lets a valuable prospect go untouched.
NetHunt CRM offers TSE listeners a 40% discount for the first three months along with free user training and a dedicated Customer Success Manager with any pricing plan.
Try NetHunt CRM today at https://nethunt.com/tse.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX.