[smart_track_player url=”http://traffic.libsyn.com/thesalesevangelist/TSE_1444.mp3″ background=”blurred_logo”]
On today’s episode of The Sales Evangelist, we’re joined by coach, speaker, and presenter Francois Lupien. From Tae Kwon Do Canadian champion to a top real estate agent to serial entrepreneur, Francois has worn multiple hats and now dedicates himself to helping entrepreneurs increase their net worth and accomplish their goals. Today, he lets us know why sales are important and his approach to doing it right every time.
But first, why are sales so important?
- Nothing happens until a sale is made, regardless of the field. A sale is needed for a business, just like fuel is needed for any car.
- For the client, you are an essential cog in the wheel. There are many problems and many solutions, but the salesperson’s job is to ensure the solution is brought to the problem.
- As a salesperson, you need to be Sherlock Holmes: inquisitive, curious, and 100% focused on the person in front of you. Genuine interest in the client is your first role.
Francois’s tips to be excellent in sales:
- Questions are the answer. If you aren’t getting the answers you want, change your questions to get the right answers.
- Do not make assumptions as a salesperson – you will fail. Ask questions to find out what the prospect wants.
- The salesperson’s job is to serve the people, even if they aren’t the perfect fit for the sale. If you remain professional and helpful, they’ll be impressed and give referrals to more prospects.
- Use active listening to figure out what information you need from the prospect.
- A phrase that brings sales “I can help you with that. It’s very common with the people that I deal with. If I can show you how to solve your problem, will you work with me?”
His parting advice:
- His go-to method – describe a scenario and ask the client if the scenario describes them.
- Never ask to close or make the person join when they’re in that stressful environment (AKA when you tell them the price.)
- After stating the price, link your service back to their end result – exceeding their expectations and future pacing. Once they’re back in a yes mentality, move forward and make the sale.
- One major takeaway? Listen to the people who’ve been in your situation. Success leaves clues. Don’t try to reinvent the wheel and embrace the experience of others.
This episode is brought to you in part by Skipio.
Are you sick of crickets? As a salesperson, the pain of reaching out with phone calls or emails and not receiving a response is real.
But all text messaging is not created equal. 85% of people prefer text over email and phone calls because they want to engage in a conversation, not listen to bots. Be more like people and start having conversations that end in the conversions you want. Try Skipio at www.Skipio.com.
This episode is brought to you in part by NetHunt CRM.
NetHunt CRM is a sales automation tool that lives inside Gmail. It covers a full set of features to manage leads, nurture customer relations, monitor sales progress, and automate sales and marketing workflows. With native-like Gmail and G Suite integration, you can access your CRM data, launch bulk email campaigns, and set up automated sequences from the comfort of your inbox. NetHunt helps move leads down your sales funnel and never lets a valuable prospect go untouched.
NetHunt CRM offers TSE listeners a 40% discount for the first three months along with free user training and a dedicated Customer Success Manager with any pricing plan.
Try NetHunt CRM today at https://nethunt.com/tse.
This course is brought to you in part by the TSE Sales Certified Training Program, a course designed to help new and struggling sellers to master the fundamentals of sales and close more deals. Help elevate your sales game and sign up now to get the first two modules free! You can visit www.donaldk4.sg-host.com/closemoredeals or call (561) 570-5077 for more information. We value your opinion and always want to improve the quality of our show. Complete our two-minute survey here: donaldk4.sg-host.com/survey.
Read more about sales or listen to audiobooks on Audible and explore their huge online library. Register now to get a free book and a 30-day trial.
Audio provided by Free SFX.